You lost to *COLORADO*???

Discussion in 'Cal Bears' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 16, 2022.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No wonder Droski is AWOL

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It has gotten grim.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

That six-year extension that Cal gave Wilcox is looking real good right about now.

4. NorrisAlan

Which is why I want those saying lock in Heupel to life or ten years or whatever scare the crap out of me.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Pain is cal football

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it was clearly dumb at the time. He’s been recruiting poorly and never had a winning conference record

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hope he isn't focusing recruiting only on California. Needs to be looking through Texas, there is value deep there and there is not in CA.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there’s tons of talent within 50 miles of campus. He just isn’t getting it. Georgia has landed more 5 star Northern California recruits than Wilcox

justingroves likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not saying there isn't talent. I'm saying he is not going to pull 5 stars. Has to dig deeper

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. cpninja

cpninja Member

Not a lot of 5 star hearts in NorCal

IP likes this.
  11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah he’s been digging deeper into shit

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think he is a good coach but that job takes the right guy. Is the administration willing to put money into the program to make it more desirable or is academics their only concern?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Very limited support. Shamefully so.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah that won't cut it today if you actually want to win. Especially with the NIL stuff.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

good coaches coach 3 phases of the game. special teams and offense has been horrible his entire tenure.. it's been 6 years and he hasn't had a winning conference record once. good coaches also recruit and he's recruited worse than any coach at cal since i've been a fan. I think he's a fine coordinator, but has no business as a head coach. he's just a dull induvial with dull ideas.
    he's a nice guy and that has given him a lot of leeway he shouldn't have gotten.

the administration is not pro football. fan support is still decent for a team that has been losing forever and there are big donors that will give if they see a light at the end of the tunnel. his assistant budget got dramatically increased from prior years. no one expects cal to be winning national championships, but he's failed even more than the normal cal head coach. there are some pretty sizable advantages at cal for the right coach. tedford had annual top 20 recruiting classes and most of those kids came from northern california. It's not the worst job in the conference. It's somewhere below the middle. but somehow arizona, colorado, wsu, oregon state, have managed to have the occasional good year and cal has not.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no more limited than 2/3rds of the pac-12

17. NorrisAlan

Pac-12 gonna survive the exodus of teams or will it Big East and just fold up?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if the big 10 wants any of the remaining teams the pac-12 is done. otherwise it will stay together. the big 12 isn't attractive.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let me guess: the ones that do support their teams are the ones actually keeping on a national level?

20. NorrisAlan

That is sad to me. Pac-10 was once a storied conference. But Pan-Am was once the bellwether airline.

A-Smith likes this.