POLITICS Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

And good chance it’s not even Russian, they’ve exhausted a lot of their weaponry and don’t have the manufacturing capability to resupply and buying what they can from some shady unsophisticated suppliers.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

According to reports, it seems it was a Ukrainian air defense missile gone awry.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pro Russians don't want to hear this, but the speed at which this was clarified and that it was clarified garners credibility to the US and NATO. They had every reason to lie or not clarify.

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I am glad people in position to do so, where/are saying things were not confirmed and they were/are investigating.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Poland's leader was cool as a cucumber. Not scared, not enraged.

tvolsfan and Poppa T like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Russian foreign minister demanding Ukraine give up occupied territories. I am sure Ukraine is going to capitulate.

7. NorrisAlan

US is sending 31 Abraham's tanks to Ukraine.

Woo boy, things about to get exciting

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You mean Abrams?

9. NorrisAlan

Autocorrect. Yes, Abrams

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Give it another 80 or so years and we will make an Abrahams. Have to wait 99 years after Abrams.

warhammer likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

No F-16s as of now...decisions like these represents why being the POTUS is a damn near impossible job. Such a delicate situation there.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Probably need to leave Russia the fig leaf of being an air power so they don't break out the wmd's

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

That's where I lean. WMDs simply aren't an option.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not to belittle the loss of human life, because at the end of the day all these soldiers regardless of the side they are on are still someone's son, husband and father. However footage of a Death Ray in action taking out all these Russian soldiers is unreal to watch. What a damn weapon that is. Like something you'd see in Halo.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  15. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Reichstag fire situation today at the Kremlin. I look for a renewed surge on Ukraine in the next few weeks.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ukraine counteroffensive seems to be imminent and Russia also appears to either be low or just conserving on missiles. Going to be very interesting these next few weeks.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm still worried about Putin using nukes if things go badly enough.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm surprised he hasn't used them already. Things are going terrible for him.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Screw Putin and his war, sure. But Senator Graham is being unbelievably stupid and reckless here. Why would you supply Russia propagandists with a soundbite of an American Senator gleefully cheering on the death of Russian soldiers as "the best money we've ever spent"? It's as if he wants this thing to further escalate.

Your average Russian has no choice but to participate in this war and it's not like Putin will allow Russians to vote him out of power. All 18-27 Russian males have been conscripted to fight for at least one year. Being more tactfully diplomatic with his words there and not coming off as someone who prays for war shouldn't be a hard ask of him. War is hell on Earth and isn't a game. It's about death, sorrow and destruction. Shame on Graham for being so callous