Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volgrad98, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

While everyone is making preparations for tomorrow, I just wanted to take a moment and wish everyone safe travels and I hope you all get to spend time with loved ones to give thanks and get your fill of some good food. That's it, you turkeys.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Got all the boys under one roof for first time since August for 48 hours.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’m hosting tomorrow. We’ll have about 30 people here. In my mind, I love the idea of being surrounded by all these people I love. That said, I’m fully expecting to be stressed and irritated 15 minutes into the whole thing, ready for everybody to get the hell out.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

These situations are why god invented alcohol.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My in-laws are at the beach and my leech of a sister has a kid with the flu and since my sister, her husband, and their kids they can't afford live in my parents' garage and have invaded every available space of their house, I won't be seeing my parents either. So, I'm fixing dinner for me, my wife, and our boys and we are going to have a stress free day at home together. I'm looking forward to not have to juggle plans with multiple groups.

justingroves and JT5 like this.
  6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Low-key, stress-free…perfection.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

90% odds I’ll be into the Jack before 10am.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I get to do it twice on opposite ends of the state tomorrow

“oh, we’ll do it at night so y’all can be there”

justingroves likes this.
  9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Half my mom's side of the family is still pushing covid conspiracy theories. It has freed up a lot of time for me around the holidays.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In Baton Rouge.

Had jambalaya and gumbo tonight. Traditional stuff tomorrow. In laws have to go to Indiana for a funeral on Friday, so looks like we may be headed back a day early.

justingroves likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

As I lie here in bed, unable to sleep and thinking of (preparing) food, the thought of whether Thanksgiving is Christmas morning for fat guys plays runs through my head.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Likewise, we have both our kids in the house for the first time since August. Even our dog is happy about it.

Ssmiff likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

You guys on the road travel safe. Think the wife is mad cause I said I was going to throw a flat iron in the grill to go with the turkey or as an app in little slices.
    If turkey was so good, we’d have it more than once or twice a year. Need another option. That’s all. Hell I bought the turkey already cooked. Gonna be one of those days. Shane Beamer must be coming over.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Happy Thanksgiving, you chuckleheads!

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There are so many Smiths in Mayville today that we got pushed out of a 6 bedroom house into the Hampton Inn. (which, btw is a bit subpar). Not sure how it will go when I suggest to my mom that we move Thanksgiving dinner to either to before or after the basketball game.

On second thought, maybe better to just record it.

16. Ssmiff

I don’t get parades. Even when I was little. Don’t want to go. Don’t want to watch. Everybody there in the crowd or on a float annoys me. Literally the last thing I’d want to do is go sit in a crowd and watch lipsinkers on floats

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I liked seeing Santa at the end of my hometown parade when I was little and enjoyed the Rose Bowl parade the first time I saw it, but other than that I agree.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My wife’s weird cousin’s weird husband is walking around with his knives and pistol on his hip so I feel pretty safe in case the Russians show up

A-Smith, SetVol13 and utvol0427 like this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

20. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Happy Thanksgiving folks