Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

TCU should get in because Alabama losing to Tennessee also matters—important life lesson here.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ha. Love the “bro”. Have had that pulled on me a couple times by the youngest. Except his was “bruh..”

3. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

So my youngest of 3 girls, who is about a month away from turning 16 is the only one who has ever really watched with me. She has been really into it this year, especially when we thrashed her mother’s team (LSU) and beat BAMA for the first time in her lifetime. She has been [itch bay]ing about the hypocrisy of the rankings with them having their criteria laid out for all to see and then just blatantly pushing it to the side when it comes to their selections.

justingroves, NorrisAlan and Ssmiff like this.
  4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Gotta love the metric ESPN used on the selection show to feature TCU/Ohio Stare/Bama/Tennessee was total margin of defeat. Lmao. They’ll never do that again. It’s only because we have the best wins by far and the worst losses. But good losses are in since we don’t have any.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Whatever. We blew our own chance. But OSU plays 2. at the time, top 25 teams all year and got blown out at home by one of them.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I lasted about 5 minutes of that show. Marty 2 Straws licking Saban’s testicles was all I could handle

SetVol13, justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I’m fine with us not making it in after losing to SC and Hooker being out, but if they had put Alabama in y’all might’ve been watching some true crime documentary about me in a couple years.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Anyone that thought Bama was getting in was as delusional as their fanbase. We should probably be the 5 but I prefer the orange bowl so it worked perfectly for us. Icing on the cake was Saban begging like a [itch bay] trying to get Bama in.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Good news is Saban is finally looking old and vulnerable. Alabama will continue to be good but they're not going to be way better than everyone else anymore.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Saban knows next year could be the same or worse than this year. Young kept them from being a 4 loss team this year.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Saban going full Mack Brown and literally every single person that's not a bammer making fun of it is an unexpected and very welcome development.

Sugar Bowl is gonna be 75% K State fans.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The media campaign for Bama yesterday was disgusting and I think it made more people recognize how much water is being carried for them.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think this might have been Saban’s last go around too.

zehr27, TDVol1989 and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Officially Us vs Clemson in the Orange Bowl

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Let's throw a curve and go dark mode for this.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The longer he stays around the more he will look like a relic from the pre-NIL/portal era.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Full heel.

CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hell, we get screwed and are not "liked" for some reason when we have been "the good guys" all these years. Might as well say [uck fay] it and go Full Heel and just wreck people and make them hate it and hate us.

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Orange helmets and orange britches

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Never again. Burn them.