Orange Bowl

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Dec 4, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think the reason guys always fall down on his deep balls is because it’s like catching an asteroid

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I like Joe Milton, I want him to do well. I feel like 9 out of 10 guys like him would’ve transferred and I wouldn’t have blamed him

but i imagine we know what he is at this point

3. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I’d like this ten times if possible!

4. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

He roomed with hendon and had him as an object lesson for a while. Hopefully some has sunk in, I keep waiting for him to break out and go off like Tee in the fiesta.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

I'm seeing Clemson-4.5. With Hendon we would probably be -7.5

6. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

I don't think accuracy on short and mid-range passes is transferable via osmosis.

7. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Unless his accuracy is a psychological problem. A friend who believes in him and accepts him as he is could cause him to be more confident and perform better.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Welcome!

DeonG likes this.
  9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not shocked it’s moved that way, with the excitement over their new QB. I doubt we’d be -7.5 with Hooker, but close to a touchdown I think.

10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I’m pretty sure his accuracy is a mechanics issue. He has bad footwork. And if he hasn’t done what’s necessary to fix that yet it probably isn’t going to happen.

justingroves likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

Yep, his footwork is the result of someone that for years just relied on his cannon arm. It is flatfooted and dreadful.

Tar Volon likes this.
  12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Once you have seen it, it literally draws your attention every single time he drops back. When he came here some personal coach was on Basilio talking about all he had corrected so I assume some folks have tried. As it’s been said he is what he is.

justingroves likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sonic Boom shock waves.

14. NorrisAlan

Here are all of his passes in the Vandy game:

It really isn't as bad as I remember, and the only thing that was just plain bad was that miss to Fantz. And he actually had some touch on that pass, just missed him.

And you can tell he was told "DO NOT RUN YOU ARE OUR ONLY SCHOLARSHIP QB RIGHT NOW WORTH A DAMN". And all but one of his misses are 40+ yard bombs.

Not saying he is going to morph into Cam Newton next year, but I still hold out a .1% chance of Hope.

IP, Tar Volon and VolDad like this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Woof. 4 completed passes past the line of scrimmage.

16. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

That's very Stuart Smalley of you.

Ben Tobin likes this.
  17. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

I don't know how in the world you can look at that and conclude it isn't as bad as you remember:

Th throws at 0:43, 1:06, 1:47, 1:53, 2:23....that's Joe Milton. Or as I like to call him Joverthrow Milton. This is exactly what I saw at the beginning of last season. I have no reason to believe it will change.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m betting it does. He’s got months. It was also raining, windy, backup wrs and 10 play playbook. He hasn’t had this much time with Heup going into a season as qb1. Som may cure itself with PT. We haven’t been able to see it happen more than a few random quarters or more than 1 game. Could just need pt to settle. And as mentioned, having some bounce and rhythm would help. His staring while flat footed then rifling a pass that should have been out a little earlier will grow old coming off what HH did if he doesn’t change it up a little.

19. NorrisAlan

Because my memory of that game he was 2/37 and missed everything everywhere at all times. It wasn't great, don't get me wrong, but the play calling didn't help him out either.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The overthrow to Fant wouldn't be bad except that's exactly what he's done his entire career

PilotFlyingJ and zehr27 like this.