'23 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by lylsmorr, Oct 14, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

As long as Niedermeyer's [itch bay] ass is at IMG we probably won't get many guys from there. Guy is a salty shitbag.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If we keep winning it won't matter. We have plenty of edge guys in this class and the last. This loss doesn't hurt at all IMO.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Slovis looks to be entering the portal. Would he be someone we would be interested in?

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We need lbs and dbs. I know we have some dbs coming in but we need immediate impact at both CBs at minimum. Thought 13 looked comfortable at safety but need to see him against a passing offense to see if there is an inkling of instinct and awareness. We have no ball hawks. Blame slick Willie but he’s developed ball hawk dbs, has he not?
    If we are blitzing, squat on the hot for a change. If playing a zone, have some awareness of where the offense will attack once read. I swear it was if we just dared qbs to be accurate. Make them work.

IP likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not really. He will want to start and I don't think he is mobile enough for us. I bet we stick with Milton and don't really flirt at all in the portal for that position.

IP likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Willie developed anyone in either tenure. Cam Sutton came in a stud and Emmanuel Moseley and Justin Coleman got better after leaving

zehr27 and Tar Volon like this.
  7. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I bet we score a sweet QB transfer with this offense. We’d be dumb to put all our eggs in joes basket unless they love tayven/nico

8. Ssmiff

I know you don’t like him but Theo made huge strides last year. Sutton, Coleman, Moseley, Gaulden, Taylor didnt all just develop in NFL. They had skill sets and made crowded rosters. This squad doesn’t have any of those type players. Poor Coleman kept getting put in press coverage with no help and would get beat deep by a slot. That’s what people remember but that’s also just terrible scheme. Sutton was a 3* I believe as well.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Theo was very good last year.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Sutton was a beast from day 1.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Yet wasn’t offered by Ga, auburn, lsu, bama or Florida.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maybe Willie can find three or four underrated 3 stars to justify his paycheck every year

13. KyleAlexanderfan

Was still a beast from day 1.

14. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

15. KyleAlexanderfan

16. Ssmiff

Big fella. He better go ahead and just start running from Kansas.

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Not gonna lie. Some of these names I haven’t seen until their commitment. It seems like maybe we were doing things no one expected and I love that. Hayden potentially transferring, the Wake QB potential. It doesn’t seem like Heupel is working a process. Seems more like the SoB wants to win. He is not accepting a step back in 2023. It could happen but he is not just letting it.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was thinking this morning that a path to being just as good or better next year isn't actually too hard. You may not be able to replace hooker, but there is a shit ton of improvement available on the defensive side.

PilotFlyingJ and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. Average 38 points a game instead of 50, but only give up 20 points a game instead of 40.

Before posting this, I thought I would look. We averaged giving up 23.5 points a game. Against ranked opponents it was 25.8. That is a lot less than I thought.

But we need to tighten up the bell curve on the distribution. The 49 and 63 point games vs the 0 and 6 point games. Rather have the distribution +/- 10 points instead of 30.

justingroves likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee is sitting on the verge of the floor being 9-3 again