POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Anyone he still has in thrall is beyond seeing him for what he is. But anyone that even remotely pulled for him at any point and has her wits about her should now see he is everything they stand against.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, that's logical reasoning. We are in a world where that no longer makes sense when it comes to elections and the GOP primaries in particular.

One question is how much democrats will try to get him on the ticket and how much effect that might have.

3. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Gotta love how telling some of the most essential workers to the American economy and infrastructure to advocate for their worth over something as benign of a contested issue as simply receiving sick days gets labeled some "weird ass Marxist Communist revolution." How pathetically disingenuous and out of touch can you be.

Nothing like shilling over the free market and then commending government intervention that prohibits workers from objecting to being exploited by employers.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that's a good point. I am firmly in "the ends do not justify the means" camp on that Machiavellian crap.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is done and has been for awhile. Imo

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree. Many times you reap what you sow with those tactics, and it's underhanded at the least. Despite that, it seems to reason there could be a push from the other side for Trump. With his core that somehow still can't see him for anything but a savior and some outside help, he could get the nomination, but there are plenty who are just so tired of him in the GOP to not vote for him as well as the never Trumpers, etc.

I just can't believe we live in a world where we might see three general elections in a row with such bad choices assuming Biden seeks reelection. It's dreadful.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Read the room, idiot. You are so bad at this.

8. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Your defense is you're trolling the mentally distressed guy? You're right. I'm the idiot here.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ah yes, take up for the one advocating for the "sabotage" of the American Railroad System. Just incredible. Funny, didn't see you white knighting on behalf of poor, disenfranchised workers by jumping the likes of IP and Uni when they initially brought awareness to this particular issue on this board weeks ago by praising the Biden Admin's efforts to help avoid our national railroad infrastructure from collapsing.

But yes, you at least realize here that the post you are pretending to be triggered by was written under the larger context of me assuming I was addressing Sab. A sticker for you!

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd rather they had given them a week of sick days, for the record. Seems idiotic coming out of a pandemic and in the midst of 3 ongoing simultaneous respiratory epidemics that you should make sure sick people call out.

warhammer likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also for the record I have neither endorsed nor critiqued specifics laid out within the agreement that avoided a railroad shutdown. I'm just, you know, glad the American Railroad is currently functioning.

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

So I'm somehow disingenuous because I didn't respond to an unsourced chain of comments that have nothing to do with me from.. who knows how long ago? Brilliant.

Ah, well, you telling the mentally distressed guy totally absolved you, you're right. I guess you were just preemptively setting up the troll job by commending Biden. What 4D chess.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You'll want to look into a mirror if you want to locate the only mentally distressed guy currently conversing with me.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Weak, kid.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Clearly

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Same here. I'm not a fan of unions in the present day for personal reasons and experiences, but I'm even less a fan of government intervention into labor disputes where they exist. Obviously the best outcome for the most people is most likely where we landed, but I'm not sure it was the "right" thing that happened.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree completely. But this doesn't have to be the total end of the story. They can continue to organize and be ready for the next time. Would have been very easy for Congress/Biden to facilitate a set time to revisit this while keeping the trains running. I'd tell Biden to his face that these people not having sick leave is counter to everything Biden has ever said about the pandemic and health care.

warhammer likes this.
  18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Government shouldn’t have got involved between the two independent parties.

federal government could have suspended the Jones Act which would take a lot of the burden off of shipping rail and truck.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yeesh, has anyone had a more humbling fall from grace than this crook? He now belongs to a United States Federal Prison for the next 19 years. Will be in his 70s when he is let out and still has to pay millions more in fines/restitution.

This dude was on CNN/MSNBC multiple times a day everyday and at one point was seriously being floated around by media pundits as a potential candidate for President. I think Avenatti pulled an Icarus and flew a little too close to the sun. He should have never pursued the fame and power considering he obviously didn't even have his own affairs in order. Him ultimately proving to be nothing but a criminal isn't shocking. Something about this douchebag never quite settled right.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

"Liberal celebrity" is a bit of a stretch, but not for someone who travels in misrepresentations the way Ngo does. Avenatti is a fraud and his presidential asperations were media manufacturings. Most saw through him as the media whore he is. Tenny tried to pin him on the board libs back in the day and we gave it an emphatic thumbs down then. Glad that phony thief is getting his just desserts.