Both Transfer Portal Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 29, 2022.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Dude went from OU to SC now back to OU. Weird.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Possibly not that weird with there being a coaching change in there, plus the realization that the grass may not be greener.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I haven’t been to Norman, but no matter where you’re leaving the grass probably ain’t greener in Columbia, South Carolina.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

and Beamer

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hayden wants to be closer to home and in his home state. That is really the only factor as I understand it. Its far from a done deal but its a possibility he will be in orange next year.

6. HCKevinSteele

So we’re in a recruiting battle with….?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The way I understand it, he's undecided on if he's staying or coming here

zehr27 likes this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

See justingroves post.

IP likes this.
  9. HCKevinSteele

Was intended as sort of sarcastic but don’t think it came across this way. Obviously it’s a big decision for a kid but if what you said is true it’s really a no brainer.

This ain’t the Tennessee of the 2010’s and Ryan Day ain’t that great of a coach.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

I hear we are getting Sam Hartman

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's always a tough move to switch schools but I agree I think it would be an easy decision.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It’s a suckier version of Knoxville

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Columbia makes Knoxville look like Paris. It’s a dump.

tn_longrifles likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Numbers in portal by position -

IP likes this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You have to think that at least 1 of those 208 DBs will be a Vol next year.

17. HCKevinSteele

I’ve lived in a bunch of cities across the Southeast and have covered basically every corner traveling. Comparing Knoxville to Columbia is shameful. By almost any measure.

*I do travel to Columbia in July/August for work and while that does color my views somewhat, point stands, it’s a shitty, hot, smelly dump.

ole_orange and justingroves like this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Paris is overrated too

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I've often thought a lot of the Knoxville hate out there exists based on opinions formed when Knoxville was more of a podunk, less modernly developed city than it is now. As someone who has lived in Knoxville within the past decade and has spent time in nearly all the other SEC cities I simply fail to see what is wrong with Knoxville that makes the "Knoxville is a shithole" tropes a thing with a lot of folks. It's a legit city besides the SEC university located there with actual things to see, do and eat. You don't have to be a drunken 18-22 year old undergrad student to enjoy living there like you do in most SEC towns. Market Square alone is one of the nicest features any SEC city possesses. Gay street and Old City is also an excellent little stretch of downtown Knoxville living. Always has reminded me of a setup you'd see somewhere in a charming European town.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

So is Knoxville

Volokie likes this.