POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Electric stoves are more dangerous and cause fires, injuries and deaths at a much higher rate.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do build a lot of stuff, I can't think of any vent less gas stoves that would pass codes

The Dooz likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Speaking of crusade du jour, weren’t you just aping recent right wing and anti vaxx talking points about the (unproven) rise of adults falling over and dying of cardiac issues?

You’re exactly the type of rube Manchin was hoping to real in with this tweet and looks like it worked.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is this true? I have a good friend that owns a big chimney sweep business and he puts those in all the time (more now than ever). I am going to have to ask him about this.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I never worked in a single commercial kitchen either with a gas grill or fryer that didn’t have a hood system. And when it was down we weren’t cooking.

It also didn’t take long to be overwhelmed with smoke when it went out mid dinner rush.

Obviously huge differences between home and commercial kitchens, but the idea is the same.

On a side note, if you ever pull into a restaurant parking lot and can smell the grease or see it coming out of the vent, get back in your car and go somewhere else. They aren’t clean.

justingroves likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you have a chimney, you are probably good. It is an issue in Latin America, Africa, and se Asia with standing wood stoves in the home.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I would guess it’s more due to the improper use of the stove that it is the actual stove itself.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. HCKevinSteele

Please explain why this would make someone a rube.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah id like to know if there are more young adults and athletes keeping over and reasons why, as it seems to be increasing, and I’ve been to more funerals for 40 years olds who “didn’t wake up” the last 2 years than combined the last decade.
    I doubt you would understand with a very limited friend base.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is the stove itself, actually, and replacing them with better engineered ones is something many charities are doing to help with the problem. The stoves need to be more hear efficient to fully combust the wood and then have proper exhaust as well.

The Dooz likes this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I could see that. I know people that use them all the time and don't get them cleaned are basically just asking for their home to burn down.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

So a cursory look on the gas stove thing is pointing me to a study that found that 13% of child asthma cases in America are likely due to gas stoves. Haven't read the paper yet.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Interesting, but makes sense to me.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Makes sense. He has to be certified in so much stuff and all of his guys as well so I would think they are putting stoves in that are safe to use.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Welp, your anecdotal evidence of some friends completely clears this one up. Glad we got that settled.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

18. HCKevinSteele

I’m not committed to any theory about the cause but these stories of young athletes dying do seem to be dime a dozen right now.

Ssmiff likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This seems a really silly thing to release and talk about right now. While I am sure the statistics show it to be true, it is most likely trying to mop up the ocean. There are far more important things to burn energy on, pardon the pun.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you watch a lot of soccer. Seems like there are more issues there as well. Kid on Air Force football team died suddenly yesterday, which seems more common.
    I have no idea why someone wouldn’t want to know why, yet also dismiss any possibility.