Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

First own goal of my career tonight. Corner skidded on the wet turf, hit my left shin and went perfect bottom corner. Harry Kane couldn’t have done it better if he hadn’t been in Fikayo Tomori’s pocket for 180 minutes

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Erling. [uck fay]ing. Haaland.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

I don't know how much of it is just trolling, but I love all the people in various twitter responses going "Just tap ins".

5. JohnnyQuickkick

He gets his share of those but he just scores all kinds of goals

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Looks like a fun bunch. I mean, upstaging Napoli fans is pretty impressive

7. JohnnyQuickkick

that’ll play

Unimane likes this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sucks to go out like that, but we are pretty much guaranteed UCL at this point anyway and frees us up for the most important league run-in in the last 20ish years.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah Europa league is a waste of time for a bigger club unless you win it

10. NorrisAlan

Another hat trick for Haaland today

11. JohnnyQuickkick

MLS ain't all bad

12. JohnnyQuickkick

this angle, Lordy

OneForVol likes this.
  13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

14. Unimane

Also, thank you Leverkusen. My boys lead the Bundesliga, for now. Der Klassiker to come up first match after the international break.

15. Unimane

Looks like our striker issues may be taking a giant leap towards being resolved. Folarin Balogun is in Orlando with the national team and meeting with players and USNT officials. Balogun is 21 and has 17 goals for Reims in France, only two behind the league leaders (one of whom is Mbappe). He's on loan from Arsenal and could be back there next year. He also seems pissed the English, where he grew up, because they put him on the U-21 team and not the senior team. Once he files a switch, he's ours to play. Nigeria may also be in the mix, but it seems as if he's looking most intently right now at the USA.

If we can get an actual striker, this team is dangerous. Even more dangerous if they don't bring back Berhalter.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t expect they’ll get much better than Berhalter but we’ll see

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Arsenal Academy is turning them out right now.

Flo is going to be really, really good. I can’t wait to get him back next year, and even better for Arsenal in the states when he makes the USMNT official. This has been a hot topic with my Gooner friends desperately waiting for him to chose.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

So, uh, Bayern have just fired Julian Nagelsmann and replaced him with Thomas Tuchel? For, um, reasons I guess? Like they haven't been great since the WC in the Bundesliga, but Bayern were looking good in the CL, and Nagelsmann hasn't had time to bring his players in, plus this is a team in transition. Very [uck fay]ing weird. Took a season in which we were very much in it for a treble and might well end up with nothing to show for it...

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Also, having Balogun would be fantastic, but we had Pefok and didn't even take him to the WC

20. Unimane

This is not going well. Bayern, I guess, will win the league again......and again and again and again and again......