23 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 16, 2023.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I won’t argue with that but will point out we started looking flat before ZZ went down. This isn’t a 1 game underwhelming performance

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

This is a game we have no chance in hell of winning so it means we probably win or almost win and lose in an infuriating way.

3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Kudos. I wish you hadn’t been right.

4. TDVol1989

Really? If you don’t play spectacular D you’re gone. Guess I have to make a list.

5. OneForVol

Shouldn’t we get more rest than them since we are the higher seed?

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What guy has left here and been some spectacular scorer somewhere?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I fear if we could see these things, college basketball would be ruined. Officials change games

8. TDVol1989

Spectacular? That’s unreasonable. But Powell and Bailey averaged double digits this season. The point is Barnes prioritizes defense in my opinion to a fault. And he doesn’t let guys play up tempo when it’s appropriate. Our fast break points rank is like 300+.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Had other guys missing. Never got everyone back at once.

LawVol16 likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

Powell and Bailey were ass. Tyreke Key is better than both.

I would like them to figure out how to get more points in transition

SetVol13 and LawVol16 like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do we know Duke is so good? The acc sucks and they beat oral Roberts.

If the vols lock down on defense, limit turnovers, and move the ball on offense then they can absolutely win.

I'll keep saying it: Mashack is simmering. If he comes to a boil, vols are back into the mix. He can do the on ball defending, just needs to get more on offense

12. JohnnyQuickkick

How much difference does 4 hours make?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Enough to need to call a doctor

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yeah, Wazzu didn’t even have a .500 record with Powell leading them, and anyone on this team could average double figures in CAA ball. Uros would look like Shaq in that league.

15. TDVol1989

Questioning Duke is fair. I certainly do. I just don’t see some type of clicking on our part. But matchups are a tricky thing. I think we are down by 20 at half because we don’t have a scoring mentality. But if Duke shoots poorly and Triple J shows up who knows. He is so passive at times. And others he plays like the confident leader. But I think he has to go off for us to win. And I hope he does. I have always thought he was was a superstar waiting to happen

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Eh. I think Pac 12 is decent.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

He is up and down. And now due.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  18. TDVol1989

Yeah Shaq was horrible on FTs.

19. OneForVol

I’d be ok with it if we were able to get 47/48 hours rest to their 51/52 hours, but when the turnaround is 41 hours for us to 45 hours for them I think it makes a difference.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Two nights sleep, one full day, and a morning. It isn't right we are shorted but it won't affect the outcome. They both will wake up tomorrow morning and prep

A-Smith likes this.