2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Losing Harrell to Ole Miss.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

FR? Hadn't seen this but damnit if true. [uck fay]ing Lane Kiffin...don't know why anyone would choose Ole Piss over TN. Especially how our offense is arguably the most WR friendly offense in America currently. Everyone eats as a WR in our offense and I don't think it's being a biased homer to proclaim our QB situation is better than theirs. Nevermind the fact we have vastly deeper NIL resources and playing in the modern day Roman Coliseum that is Neyland is a lot cooler than playing in a 2/3rd filled glorified Texas HS stadium that Pississippi has.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Easy now…why would that happen? We certainly aren’t inept at recruiting these days

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Jerry Mack was at my kids high school today recruiting RB Braylen Russell. Kid gossip is kid gossip but the guys are saying he wants to be a Vol. He’s a pretty big physical RB.

if you get a big time Arky RB to be interested I’m pretty sure you aren’t losing guys due to recruiting chops. Cedric Houston is the last guy I recall we stole. Been awhile

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are stacked at WR and Ole Miss basically has none, especially since 2 of their top transfers are gone already. Plus he is from Mississippi. Not a huge surprise since he is rumored to be looking for immediate playing time as a freshman next year.

IP and TDVol1989 like this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

WR is the least of my concerns

Tenacious D, Poppa T, zehr27 and 3 others like this.
  7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm seeing a lot of noise this class will be one of our best ever and the Memorial Day weekend will be a big part of it. There's about a 99.9% chance we get a stud RB following this recruiting gathering and maybe even more. We are in very deep with some players and much of the class might be in by the start of the season.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Roster already looks so much better going into Year 3. Can't imagine what it will look like in Year 5 if this trajectory continues, let alone increases.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

As Borat says, “I’m exciiite”

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Likely getting 3 five stars in this class as of now. Maybe more...

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What's really exciting is that what we accomplished last year was with a bunch of Pruitt leftovers and transfers that hadn't really accomplished anything prior to Tennessee. Imagine what Heupel can do with a talented roster of guys he recruited for his system.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

Who? I’ve seen some of those WRs mentioned but UGA was fairly certain they were getting a couple of em.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Williams Nwaneri
    Mike Matthews
    K Franklin

Decent shot at Ryan Wingo too.

We're in on a lot of top 75 players

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I wouldn’t put Nwaneri in the likely category yet. Seems like UT is in a good spot but he’s been to OU a ton and has a great relationship with Todd Bates.

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

OU mods already stepping back what they have been saying. We're the leader currently.

10SEvols and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

What’s with the Franklin kid and the home state and Bama schools? A kid ranked that high goes to one of those 98% of the time probably.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We have Rodney Garner, that's what's up.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

We should send a care package to Bryan Harsin for thinking that Garner wasn’t good enough for his Auburn staff.

justingroves, zehr27, IP and 3 others like this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Unless you know something I don't, I thought he and Steele were the front for some one time prominent boosters who attempted but failed to oust Harsin.

Now, if we are talking when Terry Bowden's dumbass bit the hand who fed him (Bobby Lowder) by running off Garner and Wayne Hall in 90s, that is a different story. We don't win the title in '98 without Terry's shortsighted seppuku.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a feeling the story of 2023 will be how much the defense improved.