2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Garner never coached for Harsin. He was let go after Malzahn was fired. He was hired at Tennessee in February 2021. That whole episode regarding boosters trying to get Harsin fired for a rumored relationship with a staffer happened in the spring of 2022. Well after Garner was gone from the program.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That’s a take. Another is how far we step back in QB play.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's already a tune Heupel is singing.

10SEvols likes this.
  4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We may take a small step back but its not going to be anything close to most contenders like Bama and Ohio State.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think there's going to be much, it will just look different. Milton is going to hit short stuff early and then bombs away, finish off the game with runs.

hohenfelsvol, NorrisAlan and 10SEvols like this.
  6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Sounds like the defense is catching up to the offense. I'm absolutely ready for the season to start right now.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I hope so. He looked much better end of 22 then beginning of 21. But some of the same tendencies were certainly still there.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Picked up a 6’1 190 rb RB from VA who ran a faster 100 than seldon and just set a meet record in 55 meter state final. And he used the word “plethora”.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

3rd best player in the state of Virginia. Nice little [uck fay] you before we play them.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Virginia football is not even the same species as Tennessee. Like a nice little "[uck fay] you" to a chipmunk. They won't even understand it.

VOLinDAWGland and SetVol13 like this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

VA HS football much better than TN though. 4* there highly likely to play against more and better prospects.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They wouldn’t understand nor would they care, which is a shame. There’s no reason for UVA not to have a consistently competitive football program. However, the university has just never really cared too much about the sport. I think the general attitude is hey if we’re good, that’s great. If not, oh well.

justingroves likes this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hey, we've seen what that is like! UVA sounds like a good landing spot for Dave Hart and Jimmy Cheek. How dare Thomas Jefferson for idiotically thinking crap like "academics" is more important than winning college football games when he envisioned that sissy nerd school of his.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I’m not saying that UVA should be a national title contender. But there’s no excuse for them to not be a consistent 8-4 type program. You don’t have to sacrifice academic prowess in order to have a decent football program.

IP likes this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea they should forever be ashamed with how they allowed Virginia Tech to become the preeminent college football program in that state. I know Tech really sucks at the moment as well, but I’m pretty positive those engineering nerds have not suffered academically over the years as their school built up a nice lil football program for themselves.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ladies and gentlemen, something is happening on the recruiting landscape like you've never seen before.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's interesting

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain