POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Lol. Part of the issue with hard right and left is they both think the other side is looking thru a distorted lens while theirs is clear..

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I claimed all members of a group are groomers, I'd be looking through a distorted lens, ya.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They really don't but Marsh is going to be pushed as one example. Condemn his actions, say it isn't right so the people that only follow twitter and instagram reels see it.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What happens when you play identity politics.

The ones pulling the strings just use it as a wedge issue.

acting like lgbtqa2+ people is one group is crazy.

the lesbians and gays don’t really get along with each other.

asexuals really don’t have anything in common with gay men.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

true..but I see it happen every day with dems and reps..entire GOP is racist etc and every voter is as well..

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is so weird to see people attempt to slam on neo nazis and race realists using Soviet figures. Pointing to Trofim Lysenko as some sort of affirmative figure in biology is horrific. Eugenics is bad, but Lysenko and early 20th century Soviet science culture are not improvements. Stupid Tankies don't realize that Nazis and Soviets bore the same fruit but just put a different label on the tin. It's wild out there. I feel like we all used to agree that totalitarianism is bad and taints everything. But we seem to have a growing set of minority opinions who think they have the recipe that will work.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why do we (as humans, not just we on this board) argue more about hypocrisy than the actual issues at hand? Seems like we are an elephant trampling our young trying to keep a predator from them.

SetVol13 likes this.
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What's the rumor? The amendment was an actual thing.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

But the meaning and intention of the amendment was being mischaracterized.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Over all else, gotta win and/or be right.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This was the language removed. What was the intent?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you didn't read the fact checks?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just to cut to the chase, here is a fact check with direct quotes from the bill's sponsor. This was all ideological bullshit, cooking up rage at a bill protecting identity and trying to spin it into somehow relating to pedophilia by NO LONGER associating pedophilia with a protected identity. It's intention was certainly the OPPOSITE of the claims.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...nt-protect-pedophiles-fact-check/70181286007/

This is great cover for cis pedos, though. Focus on the rainbow alphabet people, pay no attention to the actual statistics.

emainvol likes this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I only read the USA Today one. All I got out of it was it didn't enable pedophiles.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How about pay attention to both? You take up for some of the dumbest shit.

warhammer likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

you're repeating my take and calling it dumb. I guess we will both muddle through our stupidity.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not really because you have to keep reiterating that all the focus (or most the focus) is only on the rainbow whatever dumb shit you said people.

To add if you think focus is only on one group you are just not very smart. FBI is looking at all people always.

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's a dot that needs connecting here. How did the original language do anything claimed here? Short of the sponsor, who would most likely defend their bill full tilt, saying so, what is USA Today hanging their hat on with this claim? This is the emperor's new explanation if there was one. The original language was pretty clear and didn't implicate any person or group, and trans folk as child predators is only being discussed by anyone because of offering the amendment.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Focus should be find pedo's and lock them up. No matter who they are. Look everywhere.

warhammer likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The rhetoric is clearly disproportionately focused on a tiny group of people.