Akron Guess How We Play Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 21, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No prizes here, just speculating.

My guess is a very uninspiring effort. A win by default, but the Zips keep it closer for a lot longer and drive us crazy with their passing attack.

2. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

can you guys do a contest on how many missed extra points we have this weekend? With all the tds that are coming we have the chance to set a ncaa record for missed xps in a game

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Our secondary scares me. If we don't get a good amount of pressure on the QB, their passing game could give us fits.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'll take the over.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably treat a decent portion of the game as a scrimmage, which will make for a dull evening of runnin plays getting stuffed by a horrible defense.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The only thing I have learned the past 2+ years about a Dooley coached team is that whatever happens the negative will more than likely outweigh the positive.

7. CardinalVol

I fully expect them to throw for 300 tomorrow.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Bingo was his name-o

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Akron wins

Edit- Sarcasm obviously, but hey, if we did lose this weekend it would ensure Dooley's firing about a month earlier than it would have otherwise.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Vols 41
    Zips 21

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Agree with this, and combined with giving up a lot through the air will make the score closer than it really should be. I have a feeling this will be an ugly game to watch.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

3 or 4 tds through the air then 60 straight run plays

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Akron is going to move the ball, for sure, but it won't make one whit of difference.

Tennessee is up by 21+ points at halftime, and end up winning by more than 35.

Tennessee: 55
    Akron: 17

Bonus Prediction: The first caller on the post-game call-in show will pronounce that we have "fixed" each of the many issues which emerged against Florida, and which they believe largely resulted from their continued support of Coach Dooley, which they have heroically maintained throughout, unlike the other "fair-weathered" fans. After being told to turn down his radio and listen through the phone, the second caller will wholeheartedly agree with the first, and will go on to ask about which BCS game they thought Tennessee would play in. Twelve of the next 14 callers will stammer incoherently for a few moments (surprised to find themselves on the radio....despite having been on hold since the second quarter) before proclaiming that the original caller "stole my question about the BCS game", before bellowing a slurred, "Go Big ARNGE!" and hanging up.

14. CardinalVol

I'm going to guess 44-17 as your final. And that includes a missed XP.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

this.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

42-6.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

So funny and so true.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Official attendance, 64k. Actual attendance, 49k

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

This sounds like a more fun game. I'm going to go with 64.1k/49.1k

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The "announced" attendance will be somewhere in the low to mid 80's (I've never heard it below that, IIRC). This is the most misleading statistic in Tennessee football since Fulmer's Time of Possession.

The "actual" attendance (turnstyles) will be right around 49K.

I love how the local media always snicker when they recount those announced totals the following week.....and yet none of them even ask what the turn-style count was, or seek to obtain it via a FOIA request.