it's October 7th

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by here to lurk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

and I am listening to Swain and Rucker Show (from Oct 4th) and they are already talking about NEXT year.

damn. that just makes me sad, "wait until next year" f that. hoping it was just filler segment for an off week but christ almighty how sad

2. here to lurk

oh, and as others have mentioned.....I am beginning to find Rucker to be an unbearable ****.

as an aside, are there Vols fans that regularly call in to multiple shows per day? I swear I hear guys calling into the Ainge show and then later S & R.....that's kinda weird.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it's the same ten or twelve guys that call in all the shows

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There are some guys that would curl up into a ball and die if they could not call into every talk show in Knoxville every day.

5. here to lurk

that is so strange to me. it seems borderline stalkerish

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Having been on the other side of those calls, I think you are correct.

7. hatvol96

Absolutely.

8. hatvol96

I think it depends. If you like sports and call in to talk about the issues of the day, that's one thing. It's the guys who just call in for the sake of calling in that concern me.

9. here to lurk

I think it was the calling into multiple shows per day that strikes me as odd. the calling in like you are tight with the guys (maybe they are buddies in real life, heck I don't know) but calling into multiple shows daily strikes me as weird. To be fair I listen to the shows in podcast form and I skip through commercials so I go through multiple shows pretty quickly.

10. hatvol96

I do find calling multiple shows an interesting phenomenon.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

How would we ever know how Doc, Will, John, and Jimmy feel about where recruiting stands unless we called them up individually, every day, over the course of 12 months?

12. hatvol96

Some people obviously need to know the consensus.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is lonely people who want to feel connected to something bigger than themselves. I.e. Sports church.

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Nothing can compare to the morons that call Finebaum every day.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Where would people who post on message boards fall on the scale?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sports synagogue.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You're a good mentsh, IP.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You are correct OV. What these other guys don't understand is that in Alabama, there is one radio station that has staked its future on airing these same half dozen to dozen callers over and over on different shows. I don't know if you listen to Jocks, but that is their entire daily lineup. The pinnacle is Finebaum's show of course.

All I can say is thank God for internet radio.

Oh, and Rucker is getting down right annoying.

19. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

It is a universal trait to SEC sports radio.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I was a little afraid of that. The only entertaining thing about the station in Birmingham is listening to the bama fans defend their drunken ex-con mouthpiece.