Vol Calls

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've now listened to three callers in a row, and these were the points of each:

1. We can't get rid of Dooley, because no one would want to coach here.
    2. We shouldn't have fired Fulmer.
    3. We shouldn't have fired Chavis.
    4. We just need to be patient with Dooley.
    5. The guys played hard tonight, and that's improvement. (as opposed to....what?)
    6. We should bring Fulmer back because he could recruit.

Then David Leaverton goes on to say that we had better be careful what we wish for - because we fired Fulmer four years ago, and things are no better now.

I haven't heard anyone else, because for some reason, my radio just exploded immediately thereafter.

Just as a voting public gets the kind of elected leaders they deserve, so too do fans get the kind of coaching they'll settle for.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

As long as these folks don't represent the major boosters, I think I'm good. Except for the uncontrollable urge to talk sense into stupid people.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

i was listening all the majority of callers before them were all fed up. They were all really good calls

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I am fed up was a common theme in the 5 to 10 or so callers before the last two whom Tenny are referencing.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I know (met a few times) Leaverton and he's a Fulmer guy, like most who played under him, so I'm not surprised he referenced Fulmer. But, the problem wasn't firing Fulmer. It was failing to find an acceptable replacement once Kiffin left.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Fans are way too impatient. Dooley clearly has us progressing - we had a KO for a TD tonight...something Kiffin never did. You can't criticize every single play, no one will coach here under those circumstances. Give him some space, and let him make a handful of staff changes during the offseason, and he'll get this thing moving in the right direction in due time.

7. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I respectfully disagree....The staff changes card played out last season.

8. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Good. You have captured the energy of VN. Now trap it in a box and sink it in the ocean.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was sarcasm.

10. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

That's what I get for posting while drinking....Completely missed the sarcasm....LOL

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Nothing wrong with posting drunk

12. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

FWIW Ainge implied during his show today (once, and very briefly) that getting rid of Fulmer was pre-mature...

for that matter, to listen to Ainge, you'd think that Cutcliffe was the best thing since sliced bread..

..that said, I still like his show.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Easy to understand why Ainge thinks highly of Cutcliffe, and he's a Fulmer player too. I think it's reasonable for him and those other guys to have that view, even if it's not the most objective.

14. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

True..

Well.. I do give Ainge props on this angle because in spite of what he thinks should have happened with Fulmer, it's not today's reality, so there's no sense in his getting into it. Dooley is here and Dooley is now, so..

that's the only thing worth talking about and that's what he's sticking to...frankly, that's what he should be sticking to.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Last week he also said that Dan Mullen and Dooley was a push.