Peyton Manning is First Class

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 17, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Some of you know the story of the young man named Jay Rogers from West TN. Patient at St. Jude, battling bone cancer. Well, lately he hasn't been doing so well and his fight looks to be coming to an end. Guess who called to lift his spirits? Also a great show of care from the football player that called Jay.

Per Jay's brother

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It was Herman Lathers that called Jay on behalf of UT

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

That's awesome. My wife's cousin wanted to meet Cindy Crawford (remember this was back in 98) and she came. Thought that was pretty cool of her.

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Very fitting

5. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I have a very close friend who's cousin was in roughly the same situation in '96. Got a call from Peyton in the hospital. I think they talked about the season and Peyton's future for almost an hour. Quality person.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Tyler Bray, Herman Lathers, Jason Croom and countless other current players have also contacted Jay. Dedicating Saturday's game to him

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Even Coach Fulmer has called. Things like this are why I am proud to be a part of this fan base.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Coach Dooley called?

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Not a member of fanbase.

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Apparently he was the only SEC coach to not allow his team to participate in some type of Breast Cancer Awareness (i.e. Pink wrist bands or the like for one game in October), so I doubt it.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He's a well known critic of the pattern in which cancer spreads.