The Official Thread Of The Worst Fanbase In NFL History....The Philadelphia Eagles

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BearCat204, Aug 14, 2011.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I will be damned if a cowboys thread will go up and I dont at least try to fight it a little.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Im afraid we will be the NFL's version of the Heat this year. Lack of a great offensive line and a very weak LB corp, makes me very cautious to crown this team just yet. Also scared shitless about when Vick goes down and he will at some point. Our backups are Vince Young and Kafka............................

3. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Vince Papale weeps

4. Hobock

Hobock New Member

fixed.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Andy Reid has stated that the starters will play the entire first half in Thursday's preseason game against that team in Western Pennsylvania. Maclin and some others will still be inactive......I am hoping that Maclin's issues get solved, because he is very important in our offense. Crossing fingers that he doesnt have the haids.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Not a fan, but definitely interested in seeing how it comes together for the Eagles this year. I loved the Ronnie Brown signing.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

when has the dream team garbage ever worked? packers will dominate. Desean jackson's team cancer mode looks like it could be in full force too.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Getting all those players back from IR is like signing a dream team for the cheeseheads.

I am interested to see if this works for Philly.

Has DeSean showed up yet?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he has, but when he's not happy he sulks and plays like crap. see his production drop at cal from 06 to 07.

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I dont like the dream team tag that we have placed on us this year.....I normally hate those types of teams(Heat). We can have all the weapons in the world and all the dline and corner talent on the field, but we have glaring holes on the o line, linebacker, and especially safety(losing Mikell hurt). I will say this though, Andy Reid is a great coach imo, but if he doesnt make it to the Super Bowl this year especially with the money that they spent, his time might be coming to an end in Philly.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

reid at times has a Schottenheimer feel to him. he's a bit deer in headlights sometimes.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This does feel like a "Last stand" deal going on from him

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

He doesnt have an excuse this year unless/until Vick goes down

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I mentioned it a couple of times on TOOS, but I think with that weak OL, the weaker LB corps and questionable safeties that the Eagles won't be able to hold up against the likes of the Packers, Saints and Falcons this year. I also think the Rams will be a team that no one wants to face.

My Redskins, well I'm hopelessly optimistic that we actually finish .500. That would be huge for us and with a weak non division schedule (my only worries are NE and STL), I think it's very attainable. Plus I think the Giants have taken a couple of steps backwards and we'll find a way to take one from the Cowpokes.

Time to create a Redskins thread.

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Being reported that Maclin will rejoin the team in camp after Thursday's preseason game.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Looked decent last week. I hope that we beat the shit out of the dirty birds this weekend........that is all

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Kudos to Jackson for not quitting on that play. Impressed.

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

We better get better in a hurry at the LB position or this will be a long season. Even with Vick out, I like our chances with Kafka.........not so much with Vince

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Starting to come undone at the seams.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wish I'd publicly called it earlier, but the Eagles flopping this season wouldn't surprise me in the least.