The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Being guarded by Rodney Stuckey. Whoop de damn do.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Nobody said he was the second coming but he he's a damn good player.

3. hatvol96

You don't pay max money for "a damn good player."

4. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Rockets have invested a lot of money in Lin and Harden; something tells me it doesn't end well.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

My point all along. That's how you end up being a cellar dweller. Luckily, doing something like this hasn't bitten the Grizzlies in the tail yet.

6. GahLee

What do you think he's worth?

7. hatvol96

I wouldn't pay any more than 8 mil per for him.

8. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

at least they're not stuck with Eric Gordon

9. GahLee

Any news on Nash's knee injury? Didn't look bad but when you're almost 40...

Hat, how do you see the Lakers situation playing out? To me, I'm not sold on Nash and Kobe being able to really coexist because of the contrast in style.

10. hatvol96

Teams love to overpay shooting guards. Joe Johnson is the poster child.

11. hatvol96

It's hard to assess until they've played together for awhile. Somebody will obviously have to make concessions for it to work. There's only one ball and both of them are used to controlling it

12. GahLee

That somebody will have to be Nash and he's the type of guy who will accept that role because Kobe seems incapable of doing it. Thing is, this pretty much makes Nash just a spot up shooter doesn't it?

13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that. Kobe doesn't want to have to create offense for others.

Kobe Bryant confident after Los Angeles Lakers' deal for Steve Nash - ESPN Los Angeles

14. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Hat, how do you think the Wolves will do this year? Do you think they can keep themselves in the race while they wait for Love and Rubio to heal up?

15. hatvol96

That'll be tough, simply because the West is so deep. If they can hang close to .500 and get those guys back together with half the schedule or so left, they'll have a chance. As long as Rubio comes all the way back, they're in good shape longterm. I really like Pekovic, though I probably just misspelled his name.

16. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

You spelled it right. Pekovic is a bully down low, just overpowers everyone. Roy is a huge question mark, hopefully his knees can hold up. This is the most excited I've been about the Wolves in a long time

17. GahLee

Couple big games tonight. Heat vs Knicks and Clippers vs Lakers on ESPN.

I think the Lakers lose again and start 0-3. With Kobe already calling the fans dumb and stupid I wonder how the post game press conference will go should they lose again.

18. hatvol96

It's early, but the Celtics look like fossils out there.

19. hatvol96

Interesting? Yes. Big? No.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Lakers just need to secure a playoff spot. Doesn't matter who has home court. It'll take them a while to jell, but they could be the best team in the west come April.