The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Holy crap the Bobcats won. Now... who is the next to get their second victory... Cats or Panthers?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Ewww..that's a toughie...do they play each other?

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Marquee may be a better word.

4. GahLee

If theylook like fossils now imagine what they will look like by the all-star game.

5. GahLee

Chris Paul's game is truly a thing of beauty.

6. GahLee

How good can this Clipper team be?

They've got the best PG and great leader in Chris Paul, Griffin is a matchup nightmare and getting better defensively, a legit post presence in Jordan. Caron Butler still has a very good game. Instant offense in Crawford, that pesky shit of a player in Matt Barnes. Not sure what Odom gives them but Hill is still a solid player even at his age.

They're a legit 10 deep team.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just wish he wasn't on the Clippers

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wouldn't call Griffin a matchup nightmare. I didn't watch tonight but unless something has drastically changed(i.e. he's knocking down midrange jumpers consistently), he's still very one dimensional.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He's quick...can get to the basket or get to the free throw line. Still, if you can keep him in front of you, you don't have much to worry about.

10. GahLee

He can get by just about anyone that guards him. If he ever develops a decent 15 foot shot and just a few posts moves he will be nearly unstoppable.

11. GahLee

Huge if. Smart defender play off of him and make him shoot. If you try to body him 10 feet out your going to end up on a poster.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No bigger than assuming he'll someday develop a mid-range jumper.

13. GahLee

I like it. I hated seeing him waste his career in New Orleans.

14. GahLee

True enough. It's a matter of him realizing that he'd be a true dominant force and dedicating himself to being that kind of player. He's young still.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

When I think matchup nightmare, I think LeBron/Durant/Shaq(in his prime). Someone who can easily go for 40 or 50 if they take over. I don't see Griffin doing that. As it is, Griffin is an explosive athlete whose skillset is very limited right now.

16. GahLee

Either way, he's such a great athlete that even if his basketball skill is limited, which it is, he can still get you 20 and 10 every single night. He's not "the guy" on the team, which is a great thing for his development.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's another thing, he had better be developing these post moves and jumpers soon. With the way his knees already are and the way the body ages, he probably won't have this kind of explosiveness for long. Being 6'10" combined with the jumping he does ain't easy on those knees.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He played on teams in New Orleans that were far better than this Clippers crew.

19. GahLee

Far better is a stretch.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

This Clippers team is going to be one of the top two seeds in the West? If not, much better is exactly correct.