The Reaction Of Missouri's Team And Fans...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Nov 10, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

shows that people outside the UT program still realize Tennessee football is a big [dadgum] deal. Time the folks in the UTAD remembered that.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We threw that in the garbage with Hamilton.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

thought the exact same thing

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This may be the saddest part of all of the last few years. The UTAD and many fans have decided that the program is and has been nothing better than a second tier program in all its time in the SEC. It's truly sad.

5. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

No options left - they have milked it for all its worth for several years now. Go big or retrench into a bottom feeder program with low expenses.

6. Flashman

Flashman New Member

I reckon them Mizzou's are ecstatic to get a win. But beating this Tennessee team is not any great accomplishment.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. If we're not going to get into the modern football business, we should focus on becoming a slightly better version of Iowa and make the Chik Fil A Bowl our Holy Grail.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

These are the same nimrods that created and bought celebration shirts when they beat Kentucky.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I like the 8 win auto-raise contract mindset. That was a perfect start.

10. govols74n

govols74n New Member

Lol.....and Kentucky beat us.....

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Figure this will fit in this thread. I'm not a fan of the source, but consider:

"@FeelsLike98
    In 3 years, [ddiapos] has somehow managed to lose 9.3% of Tennessee's all time SEC losses."

12. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

by my math, he accounts for 5.6%. Still waaaaaaaay too much for a 3 year period from a program that's been playing for 122 years.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We had 158 SEC losses through 2008 according to UTsports.com. We lost 4 in '09, 5 in '10, 7 in '11, and 6 this year. That is 180, with Dooley accounting for 18.

14. netnvol

netnvol Member

I did the math on this from the time UT joined the SEC in 1933. We apparently have 181 conference losses during that time. Dooley has 18 of them. That means he has lost 9.9% of all of Tennessee's SEC losses in history. No more damning statistic than that.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I ran some quick numbers. SEC play didn't start until 1933, so it's closer to the 9.3 number. I actually got 9.94% leaving out ties. Counting ties since '33 as losses brings it down to 9%. My numbers could be wrong. The UT website sucks for this sort of thing, so I relied on Wiki. I double checked the SEC losses numbers, and they proved true.

Dooley Sucks.

16. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

How can you count a tie as a loss? It isn't a win and it isn't a loss. That is kind of the point.

17. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

You are correct.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I figured it that way out of curiosity of the numbers, and there's someone out there who would question it the other way. Took about 20 seconds more to do it...

19. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

True. It makes Dooley look like the terrible coach that he is either way. Your 9.94% number is exactly what I get, and that alone should get the bastard fired.

20. reese_hallvol

reese_hallvol New Member

I truly believe the upcoming hire will dictate what direction UT's football program is going to take for a long, long while. Since 2001, we've essentially been irrelevant in the landscape of college football, and it's getting worse each year. If the administration botches this hire, and goes the cheap route, UT football is done for quite a while. If we get a real coach in here, this mess can be turned around in 3-4 years. I think with a great coach, our ceiling can become 9-10 wins a year again, with the occasional appearance in Atlanta. This hire will define Dave Hart's tenure here... in years to come, he'll either be known as the legendary A.D. that helped restore Tn football, or the guy that permanently buried Tn football. Going to be a very interesting hire to say the least.