UT Tennis

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by kptvol, Oct 19, 2011.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

UT picked up a commit from the top Junior from Estonia. Markus Kerner is his name. I don't know much about the tennis quality in Estonia, so I'll just hope this kid is the real deal.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Hard to tell really. His record on file this year is not that outstanding, but it appears that he is playing a lot of events all over Europe including some futures and pro events that would make it tough to judge. I am guessing that he will not be a star (i.e. Smith, Williams, etc) but a solid middle lineup guy.

3. kidbourbon

I was close. I believe last week was his last tourney of the year. If so, he'll end the year ranked 192.

4. kidbourbon

We should be pretty decent this year. I'm thinking prolly back in the top ten.

5. kidbourbon

One match from the Aussie Open.

[video=youtube;hdijYI8Avjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hdijYI8Avjc[/video]

6. kidbourbon

[video=youtube;VQvQ-v21e-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VQvQ-v21e-4[/video]

7. kidbourbon

Williams won. He's in the Australian Open. #huge

8. kidbourbon

[video=youtube;UxJuWAa2F08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UxJuWAa2F08[/video]

9. kidbourbon

Williams is about to win a Challenger.

10. kidbourbon

Chicken dinner.

[​IMG]

11. kidbourbon

He'll be ranked around 150 when the new rankings come out.

12. kidbourbon

13. kidbourbon

Williams got to the second round of the ATP tourney in Memphis, and gave Alexandr Dolgopolov (currently ranked 22 in the world) all he could handle, losing 4-6, 6-4, 4-6. Rhyne Williams Outstrokes Johnson in Memphis - Rocky Top Talk

Next up is the Indian Wells qualies. He's getting closer and closer to not having to qualify for these big tournaments -- he's currently ranked 133 -- and if he continues the way he played in the month of February, he'll be there soon.

14. kidbourbon

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

his name sounds like an endocrine condition or something, no offense to him

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think that I read recently that kid is planning on still being at UT next year...may have to RS for a year but appears to be back on the way to playing again.....Had planned to already be playing this semester, which would have helped UT this season.

Good comeback story if he is able to...

17. kidbourbon

I'm sure he didn't take any offense.

18. kidbourbon

19. kidbourbon

We got spanked by UVA in the quarters.

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Of course that is 28-0 Virginia who beat UGA today and in the Final vs. UCLA.