Anyone remotely doubting Gruden's ability to recruit...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

2. WM

WM Active Member

This makes me want to punch things.

3. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

A lot of positive quotes in that thing. In Gruden We Trust.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No kidding. And the blue haired ladies calling into the post game talk shows wanted to keep that jackleg around. Glad he is gone.

5. netnvol

netnvol Member

I'm glad all this stuff is coming out to show how incompetent Dooley was on the recruiting trail. I know some slapdicks who insisted CDD was doing a great job on the recruiting trail when in reality it was getting worse every year. When I'd point out Vandy is beating us in recruiting right now and OLE F*CKING MISS is right behind us, they'd say "Oh, well it's all this uncertainty!" Of course there's uncertainty when you get your ass kicked by everyone with a pulse and you don't have the people skills to maintain (or establish) recruiting relationships through adversity. The proof was in the turd pudding.

How would anyone watch Gruden during the QB camps or anything else and not think he could recruit? I know he hasn't done it before but it looks pretty obvious to me that he has the skills to.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

He recruited well when he was a college assistant. He grew up around recruiting when his dad was coaching at Notre Dame, Indiana, etc. He called it "the life blood of any college program."

Anyone who thinks he doesn't want to do it or can't do it is ignorant.

7. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Good God Man! Dooley just really didnt have it!

8. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Dooley was a terrible recruiter. Some of the stories I've heard are just crazy. I mean the guy was going to lose a legacy like Todd Kelly Jr to Bama. How can you ever expect to make any kind of a move up the SEC ladder if you cant even land elite players who are legacies???

I'm still not so sure the new HC is going to inherit a healthier roster than Dooley did in 2010. If it is it's not going to be by much.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think the answer to that question won't be known until we know for sure who's entering the draft. That being said, I do think the roster is in better shape than what Dooley had. Not by a longshot or anything but our OL is good and even though Sal sucked it up we do have some good players on the defensive side.

10. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I tend to agree with that. There are players on defense but they were lost this year and they looked extremely slow. I've said it from the get go McKeefery was another very bad hire by Dooley as S&C coach. He did not have a good reputation among Big East schools when he was at USF. USF probably had the most talented roster in the Big East for about a 3-4 year run but they underachieved every year. USF players were notorious for wearing down in the 2nd half of games, especially defensively and looking like they were out there running around with lead in their shoes.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The lousy coaching and play in general kept me from noticing any stamina issues. Something else to consider is when Chaney is airing it out 45+ times a game the WR's are certainly going to be winded.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Our O-line is talented, but it is about to be very old and very shallow. They're all going to be junior and seniors next year, and there isn't much depth.

13. Voldeathpunch84

Voldeathpunch84 New Member

Gruden's name alone would be enough to land any big recruit