SEC blocks Texas A&M bid to join.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Hobock, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Hobock

Hobock New Member

http://www.cbssports.com/

It sounds like the SEC wanted to take two schools but couldn't get anyone else on board.
    I'm very happy about this!

2. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

They said no and I'm happy. Wouldnt have minded it, but if its not broke

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm ecstatic hearing this news. No need for the SEC to expand.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Well, time to severely revise the main topic of the 8th Maxim version of The Trap.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Sweet. Any idea as to which schools were being courted for the "2nd school" ?

7. WM

WM Active Member

Wow.. Somebody just got stood up at the prom.

8. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Some were saying North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, Duke

Dont know how accurate the Oklahoma rumor was, but I can see the other three

9. Hobock

Hobock New Member

Mostly speculation up to this point but FSU, Mizzou and Clemson were rumored to be involved.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  10. Hobock

Hobock New Member

How embarrassing is this for that proud fanbase?
    They look silly as hell.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

No sillier than they do with their students running around playing soldier at Kyle Field.

12. fl0at_

texags.com seem convinced this is a maneuver by the SEC to keep from appearing as a "conference raider," and that after tomorrow's BOT meeting, A&M will ask, and the SEC will accept.

13. WM

WM Active Member

"No really, she'll call"

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I was thinking that. No idea if there is any truth to that, but it seemed like it would be smart for the SEC to wait until A&M does whatever they need to do.

I'd prefer to keep things as they are, but I'm not really sure how it will turn out.

15. Hobock

Hobock New Member

If that actually happens, Slive and Company are just a bunch of posturing assholes. I can understand if the SEC wants them to officially withdraw from the BigXII first but they should've worked this shit out by teleconference first.

16. fl0at_

Could very well be that A&M pitched the idea, and several SEC higher ups said "Yea, that could work." Then A&M ran with it as if it were a done deal.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

FSU and Clemson were never an option

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think that this is exactly what has happened. The SEC cannot appear to be the impetus for TAM breaking contract with the Big 12.

19. fl0at_

Really hope this isn't the case, but I suppose we will find out tomorrow. If it does happen, it will be a shitstorm. Just opens the flood gates for more re-alignment next off season. Why they would wait so late is beyond me. I guess Texas just pushed their Network too hard, too soon.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

why revise? It will be interesting either way and the discussion is coming again in the near future any way.