GA Recruits

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by VolDad, Sep 13, 2011.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I cannot blame the young man for selecting Stanford over UGA but I enjoy hearing the FUD. Hopefully we can take advantage of it.

UGA’s 0-2 start and widespread speculation over Mark Richt’s future may have cost the Bulldogs the chance to land one of the nation’s most-heavily recruited college football prospects.

Woodward Academy defensive tackle Jordan Watkins committed to Stanford over UGA on Tuesday. The 6-foot-5, 268-pounder started off the recruiting process with 35 early scholarship offers before finally settling on Stanford.

“In my mind, Coach Richt deserves to stay, but the fact that everyone is talking about him leaving made me think of what will happen with [UGA defensive line coach Rodney Garner] if Coach Richt leaves,” Watkins told the AJC. “I’ve developed such a good relationship with them that it’d be tough to go to Georgia if they weren’t there.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...o-stanford-over-uga/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley did a pretty good job in Georgia before all this too.

This is a good thing unless UGA hires Saban

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wonder if we could find a spot for Garner on our staff should Richt did get fired. That might help us from getting squeezed out of Georgia if they do make a home-run hire.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know who Dooley would let go.

If Thompson were to get a DC job somewhere it would make for a nice hire.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he'll enjoy .400 ball at stanfurd.

6. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

If GA continues to struggle, it can only be good for Tennessee.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You think after Luck, they're back to normal?

8. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Stanford is still recruiting well enough to be a consistent 8-9 win team.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Luck is so damn good it's hard to tell.

He is the Cardinal version of Peyton Manning.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

two factors:

a) the administration will never be fully commited to big boy football.

b) shaw was a horrible hire. you don't promote the guy who most feel was the 3rd person most responsible for the offense and who is well known to have zero fire and personality.

they'll always attract the type of 4 and 5 star kids whose parents care soley about the degree, but those kids tend to not give a shit about football. the number of 5 star busts in stanford history vastly outnumbers the ones that made all pac-10.

btw: i'm not convinced they aren't an 8 win team this year.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011