The controversy here in Denver concerning Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Aug 23, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Taking the "underneath" route too seriously, right?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most Denver fans think Tebow hasn't been given a fair chance by the new staff. They don't believe Orton really had to "beat him out," but was rather penciled in as the starter.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Do they think Quinn was "penciled in" as the #2 as well?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they should just start tebow a couple of games just to shut these people up.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

What exactly is their reasoning in thinking Tebow hasn't been given a chance?

Shit, I read an article on Yahoo! Sports a week or so ago that said truthfully one of the practice squad QBs (guy from Minnesota, name escapes me) was looking better than Tebow.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Denver actually has a squad QB that the coaches regard higher than Tebow, that they are deliberately hiding on the practice squad. So says the rumors.

I don't know. I have a friend here that swears up and down that Tebow hasn't gotten a real shot and is a natural winner.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People aren't "natural winners".

You have the physical tools are you don't.

Tebow could be a fantastic role player but he's not 16 game starting QB.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think "elway hates him" has been the mantra.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Look, I think he's the third best QB on that roster. I have no idea what a lot of Bronco fans are talking about. He could eventually grow into a solid career backup, but that's it.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Screw him. What has he ever done for the Broncos?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

from what i've seen tebow hasn't looked THAT bad so i can see why they want the savior since orton isn't going to be winning any super bowls.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know, I just don't understand the infatuation with a mediocre QB.

If you look at what he did in college, his best work was with his legs. He never made throws where you thought "Damn what a read and throw". His offense was set up for him to make one read and either throw or run. He was absolutely amazing at it, but it takes more than that to be a successful NFL QB.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

All his big pass plays were to wide open guys.

15. Vader

Vader New Member

I wish they would start him just so he would get the shit knocked out of him. Yeah, I'm still bitter.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Wasn't Kyle Orton pretty damn solid last year?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He got knocked around pretty good last year.

One thing that's going against him is the referee's quick whistle. How many times did he carry guys on his back for 5 yards or throw downfield with 2 guys hanging on him in college?

The refs won't allow that because they are taught to protect the QBs in the NFL.

18. tankervol

tankervol Member

Orton was solid, save for 3rd downs. The fans I think see that and compare him to what Tebow was able to do on 3rd downs in college. The only problem...this ain't college.

That being said, I think the smart move for the organization is to give the fans what they want and start Tebow. Trade Orton and get what you can out of him. I don't believe Tebow will succeed, which means the Broncos will have a good chance to land Luck in the 2012 draft. Everybody wins, except Tebow.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

tebow is definetely starting to look like all the years of getting his ass kissed (remember he was a 5 star in HS) have gone to his head. when the "i'll work harder than anyone else" garbage isn't enough it should be interesting to see if he reacts like a brat. his most recent reaction suggests he will.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tebow REALLY wants to start, though.