We Need Senior Leadership in the Swamp

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Last Vol, Sep 14, 2011.

1. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

There is only one quarterback on our roster who has played against Florida. There is only one quarterback who has started in tough road environments.

Matt Simms should start for Tennessee on Saturday, if we want any shot of getting the W. He's a senior.

Bray will fold under the pressure of playing in the Swamp in front of hostile fans and an aggressive defense. Simms won't panic.

Just my 2 cents.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who is this guy?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're really not sure.

5. WM

WM Active Member

Our backup QB, he is horrible.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm glad we're not on Volnation because here I can call you an idiot without getting in trouble.

7. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

Typical, here comes the name-calling. Who would you rather have, a guy who has never even played a real road game or an experienced senior?

Exactly.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The only reason Simms wouldn't panic under pressure is because he wouldn't realize the pressure was coming until after he fumbles.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Who would you rather have? A guy with talent or a glorified punching bag?

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How many games has Simms started at the D-I level?

11. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

He's started many at the college level. I don't see what "D-1" (which doesn't exist anymore by the way) has to do with it. That's like saying Bruce Pearl didn't win over 400 games.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I would take anyone but Simms at QB. The guy is awful and couldnt see a pass rush coming til it cracked him in the skull. I am now convinced the OP is either A)trolling, or B) The dumbest son of a [itch bay] on the planet

13. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

why can't we just agree that he's the dumbest trolling son of a [itch bay] on the planet.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm wondering just how many years of coaching experience you have that leads you to this conclusion, (Rec league doesn't count) and if any, just how bad your record is.

Bottom line: IF Simms were good enough, he would have won the starting job. He was nothing more than an empty tackling dummy last year while the grooming of Bray took place. You go with whoever gives you the best chance of winning. That is Tyler Bray hands down. Even if they had equal talent (which they are not even close), You go with the player that will be around longer. Bray MAY crack under the pressure, but we won't know that until the game is played. Bray has done well against lesser opponents. He has earned the right to take his shot at the big boys.

If you really think Simms is a better choice for the Swamp by analyzing the evidence, you are one of 2 things:
    1. A Simms family member/ wannabe girlfriend/boyfriend OR
    2. You are completely ignorant of all things pertaining to football.

Sorry man, but this post begs to be flamed.

15. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Give me Jim Bob Cooter over that disgrace Tyler Bray any day of the week.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Acceptable compromise.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One of the best posts I've seen on here so far

18. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Solid.

19. tankervol

tankervol Member

My guess is he is part of the Gibbs family tree.

20. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

3. He's a wiseass shithead just trying to create a shitstorm in here for shits and giggles. Note the excessive use of the word shit. His posts are a pile of shit that have no bearing on reality. Please don't feed the trolls. This is a public service announcement.