Gruden's Effect on Recruiting?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by gorockytop101, Nov 27, 2012.

1. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Hargis: Jon Gruden's name only one creating unified buzz for UT | timesfreepress.com

And some comments on dipshit.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Wowzers.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

****in Dooley.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

And people actually think Gruden may struggle on the recruiting trail.

5. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Recruits are already saying Gruden is a huge wow factor....Who's ass do we need to kick to get Hart off the pot and get into gear?

6. VolBrian

VolBrian New Member

Was just coming to post this. Amazing what Gruden can do for us and how indicative of the terrible job Dooley was doing. Everyday something comes out that makes me angrier at that asshat of a "coach".

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not a betting man like KB, but if I was, I would certainly put money on Gruden doing just fine with recruiting here.

8. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Could some on the existing staff be out on the trail "selling" something that may be happening reasonably soon? I know it sounds like Tenny, but IMO it is true.

In 2013 the 4* up needs on D are speed/coverage skills at CB (2) and one safety. Need more speed at LB (2). Need two D-line tackles since they will probably go 4-3. Need 1 DE.

On O it is two RB's, 2 WR (could get by with one), 2 O-line, 1 QB. Assumes Croome still going to TE.

That is somewhere around half the class with 4* or better players needed in this class to get the roster where it needs to be. The rest can be mid-high 3's.

No doubts in my mind Gruden gets this done quickly. With some luck a couple 5* are in that mix.

The problems on D were scheme versus skill sets of players. Should have stayed 4-3 with speed rush ends since they could use Big Mac, Mo and Sentimore as the big spaceaters inside. Big Mac/Sentimore might not have committed, but they still would have been better off. Brent Brewer could have played the cheater safety to help set the edge. Should have played cover 2 as base coverage adding in nickel/dime in situations. But glad they didn't because it would have extended Dools head coaching career at UT.

I still get pissed thinking about how stupid all of it was. Good coaching will correct it immediately.

9. easlo58

easlo58 New Member

We get Gruden and we end up with a number 3 to 5 recruiting class in the nation. Maybe better. His name alone would be HUGE to young talented players.

10. NeylandWatch

NeylandWatch New Member

Gruden= Rock star status. Back that up with good coaching and if he comes we will be able to pick and choose who WE want.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If we got Charlie Strong I guarantee we land these in the 2014 class:

Evan Berry
    Elliott Berry
    Todd Kelly Jr.
    Dillon Bates

The top 3 are for sure 5 stars and Dillon is on the brink of being a 5 star as well.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Add Vic Wharton

13. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I don't think the Berry twins will be 5 stars

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

They're apparently farther along then Eric was at their current age.

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I think that somewhat leveled off as they got into their high school years. I don't think either of them will be quite the talent Eric is/was. Still can be really good though.

16. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

That was around 3 years ago. I've read that they're 250 guys, which is still good.