Alright, let's see how this question goes on this board

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by lylsmorr, Aug 14, 2011.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hopefully there won't be any morons who say "if you don't like this krootin class then you can get out".

Are you happy with how the recruiting class looks as of this moment? And yes, I do realize we have 6 months to go.

chavisut likes this.
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

It's only August.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm okay with it.

Kids aren't going to commit to a 6-7 team. Dooley did a hell of a job closing last year too, so that gives me hope.

That being said, Dooley is going to have to win a lot to get the big time recruits' attention.

Look at a guy like Khalid Henderson. He's what, a 2 star on Rivals and a 4 star on ESPN. Someone's wrong about him.

4. chavisut

I want DL.

5. WM

WM Active Member

What does jmoore think? That's my answer.

6. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

He thinks you're an asshole

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's my big thing right now. I don't understand taking a Cody Blanc at this stage of the game. He's fast, but so is Z Rogers and he hasn't given us much yet in his career.

No racism intended in the white to white comparison.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes.

Dooley needs to beat 2 of these 4, UF, UGA, LSU and Bama, to get the ball rolling or at least be competitive to show he knows what he's doing to recruits.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

DD is going to try and take a local kid every year. It's better to get it out of the way early.

10. chavisut

They saw him in person and offered, good enough for me. I don't think he'll get in the way of any DL commitments anyways.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope he feels the same way about me too

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Hopefully we won't hear the term 'stargazers' every time Tennessee gets a commit, either.

It's hard to panic or get excited because I don't know that much about recruiting, and I feel like the players change their minds all the time.

I'm interested to see how things look after NCAA issues are announced.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm happy. Obviously we have a ways to go, but I like that he has evaluated most of them in person. Pull in some DL guys and we'll see how well he evaluates and develops.

There is nothing to be overly concerned or excited about, and that's okay given where we are right now.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Haven't followed recruiting since NSD. We need either wins on the field or "almost wins," a la Saban's first year, for us to really get out there and pull.

I guess we'll soon see how well we have developed what we already have.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm generally happy with where we are considering our recent production as a program. We've got serious work to do to close on the DL, but if successful there, it has the potential to be a solid class. It may not be a great class, but DD is trying to build the base to get the tastes of success that will help get that great class. Based on what I've seen so far out of the staff's evaluation, I'm hopeful.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems to be doing OK, but as others have said, DL is still an issue. Also, I'd really like to get that JUCO wideout.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Almost wins" only "almost" change a program's perception. "Almost wins" will not help us.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Not too impressed with the class on paper, but the fan in me wants to believe Dooley's getting the guys he needs to turn this thing around. Would like to see a few elite prospects, but looks like a solid bunch overall.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it's fair to expect him to get many elite prospects yet. But hopefully we'll be in a position to do so by next season.

20. MacReady

MacReady New Member

I think the class represents the state of program pretty well right now.