Hypothetical Game: Tennessee vs Michigan

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Sep 13, 2011.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Got into an argument with a friend about this today.

If these teams played right now, who would win?

I said I was pretty confident Tennessee would win. My friend thought I was crazy.

Also thought I was biased for saying I would take Bray over Robinson.

2. WM

WM Active Member

Tell you what, i am surrounded by UM fans at work so i will give this one a whirl tomorrow.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bray throws 4 TD's and rushes for another against a BCS conference school that had a winning record, in a blowout. Robinson throws 3 picks and 4 TD's against a team without a win that isn't even in a conference, in a come from behind win. Superficially, it's pretty easy.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I feel like Tennessee could stop Michigan more than Michigan could stop Tennessee.

5. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

Tennessee's defense would have no answer for Dennard Robinson. That kid has wheels and a gun, and I don't mean he's a gangster. Our defense would never get a stop, where as there's would at least a couple of times with the way we fumble.

He's a very well-spoken and intelligent sounding young man, too. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard them interview him after the game.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If Denard Robinson has a gun, he's either throwing with the wrong arm or he has a torn rotator cuff.

7. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

Did you even watch the game? He threw for over 300 yards.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I watched. He also completed less than half his passes.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

11/24 with 4tds and 3 ints......yeah the guy just beasted. The game wasnt really about who had the better offense, it was about who's defense was the more pathetic.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would be a fun game to watch.

Tennessee would take advantage of Robinson's turnovers and the game would be over as the 4th quarter started.

11. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

He was less than 50% and all his throws were hurls up in the air. The ones that were even close enough to be jump balls were won by his receivers only half the time. Give me Bray over this cat all day...

As for the game...Tennessee wins 65% of the time.

12. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I imagine it'd be a high-scoring shootout type game. Like tvolsfan, I think UT could stop them more than they could stop UT. But I'm biased.

And definitely Bray > Robinson.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Robinson would allow Waggner to pick off a few of his throws.

14. egotistical

egotistical New Member

Wagg would end the night with 4 ints. From what I've seen, a ND/Michigan all star team couldn't hang with most.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The offense would be lights out until they get to the 10 yard line.

16. egotistical

egotistical New Member

They would put 7 on the board after coleman's weekly burn, but our halftime adjustments would lead us to a W. I worry about senior leadership.

17. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

you and me both....sophomore QB is going to be the end of us

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yep. You'd see 1000 yards of offense, but the difference would be Robinson's mistakes.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Bray is better than Rees and combo of Hunter/Rogers is better than Floyd and nobody. I don't think Wilcox would shut down Robinson, but we'd contain him better than the Irish did. Also, we'd score more points. I think we'd win. After the season plays out I think all this will be more apparent.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

In spite of the result of the Michigan/ND game, I'd probably feel better about our chances against Michigan.

I feel like ND could figure some things out. I don't like Michigan's chances of stopping UT's offense at all.