The Nation of Palestine?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Sep 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/09/14/israel.palestinians/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Looks like they're going to get observer status nation, at the minimum (and, err, the maximum), in the UN.

I don't think this is good for peace in the short-term, but then what is at this point? It's an impossible situation with no way out. The only solution I can think of is blind-folding all the Jews and and all the Palestinians, get some booty-bumpin' music blaring across the Levant, and having an anonymous sex party with no protection. Only after that, can their people be one.

2. WM

WM Active Member

Still pissed The Nation Of Domination never got that status.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Sealand did.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wow, I was on the Security Council for the model UN when Sealand was pushing for approval. We approved.

It is less awesome if the real UN approved, though.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The Palestine story is the most over-hyped story in politics. There are places in Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, etc. that have long fought for independence and the same recognition and have been ignored. I have no strong opinion about whether they should be a state. Strategically it seems problematic for US interests. But IP is definitely right: it's become impossible to deal with.

6. volinbham

volinbham Member

I had a student that was a Palestinian Christian. Talk about an oppressed minority!

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Went to high school with a pair from a family of Palestinian atheists. They had to get out of dodge and move to the States.