LMU Game.

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by hatvol96, Sep 14, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They're expected to be a national championship contender in D-II. UT had better be ready or that'll be another exhibition disaster.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hard to imagine anything early being very far removed from disaster status.

3. hatvol96

Can you imagine the Pearl marks if LMU rolls in and hammers UT? The sad thing is I think it's very possible. LMU is close to where I grew up and there are a number of people whose basketball knowledge I greatly respect who are boosters of that program. They think the talent differential, unless Hall, Golden, and McRae suddenly play up to their high school accolades, is near nonexistent.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

With all due respect to where you grew up, how does one recruit basketball players to Harrogate?

6. hatvol96

LMU has built it the way they used to when they were really good in the NAIA and how everyone worth a damn does it in D-II. They've got a bunch of guys who either couldn't get into a D-I school academically or got run from a bigger school for disciplinary reasons. That's why they'll have competitive talent against UT.

7. hatvol96

See my previous post. It's most of those guys' last chance. Beggers can't be choosers.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Meyer's NAIA teams would have beaten the hell out of any Wade Houston outfit.

9. hatvol96

Rick Byrd and Phil Cox had some top notch NAIA teams at LMU in that era.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Thanks for the heads up. I will actually have the opportunity to see several of the Railsplitter's games this year.

11. hatvol96

The Sporting News, which actually pays attention to D-II, has them preseason number 2.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

My perception of the SAC is that it is not much of a basketball conference anymore. Definitely some strong football and baseball teams. Am I wrong?

13. hatvol96

I don't pay much attention to the league. LMU hoops is pretty much the only thing going on in that conference I can speak with some intelligence about.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That tunnel into Kentucky is really cool.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It is improving in some ways, at least facility wise.

16. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

LMU's coach is very well respected and I believe at one point last year they were something like 20-0. They also pull some solid players out of Florida.