Checking On Members: The Day After

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by robvols, Dec 8, 2012.

1. robvols

robvols Member

After a day that will live as one of the worst days to be a Vol, how are you doing today?

Can't believe so much anger inside me over this whole thing. Never felt this way as a fan.

People can get fired over a extreme botch up like this

After much thinking, after this college football season I will be a NFL guy. This would prevent me from even jumping to other college team. I'm a Vol at heart but I just can't accept or fanthom this as more come out of this, the more I get mad. I will check in on them as a brief glance but that will be it. If they eff up, I will give my two cents.

I want Tennessee blood in key positions, especially the AD and Chancellor roles.

I like this site a lot because I can post how I truly feel , not that vanilla bullshit of acceptance I've seen on Vol Facebook pages.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm with you Rob. I'm also thinking about foregoing some college and jumping to the NFL.

3. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I'll wear my T hats/T-shirts like always, but it will be more in memoriam than expecting some future greatness.

4. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I am with you rob and A. I have been trying to rationalize the destruction of UT sports for too long. My wife went ballistic yesterday and swore off UT football. She is a Sevier County native that lived and breathed it - one of the reasons I married her (lol). Our friends/donors are so pissed. Of course, if CBJ gets them winning again some will forgive. Not us. Not another penny until Tennessee people are hired as Chancellor and AD. Period. Will watch on TV when it is convenient and wish the players well.

I grew up UT football, pro football, and Cincy Reds. One of things I missed most when I moved here decades ago was pro sports. So I made my love for the Vols into it. Screw that. Going back to pro and spending even more time on the golf course.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm completely over it. Time to move on. Whether you believe in the theory that Hart killed the Gruden deal in the last seconds or not, it's time to move on. Support Butch or don't, that's your perrogative. No use in festering in the misery of what could have been.

6. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

By the way; great thread topic, rob.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Still pissed. This is going to take a while. I have a decade worth of merchandise so I'm set on that front. I sent a note to the UT merchandise site that I was unsubscribing to their website and would not be purchasing any more merchandise until the university dedicated themselves to a having a program of excellence.

8. TurtleTiz

TurtleTiz Member

2nd

9. TurtleTiz

TurtleTiz Member

I wish more people would do this.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I told my brother yesterday something very similar: that I wasn't investing any more extra thoughts, hope, or money into UT football until Dave Hart was gone and they won a game of significance against UGA, UF, or Bama. He said, and I agree, that that could be awhile.

11. robvols

robvols Member

Taking the Red Sox approach. I know it was tough last season.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't care about wins. The guy they hired might be the best ever. Regardless, the financial disaster these two idiots created needs to hammer them personally.

13. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

I'm excited about the future. I'm looking forward to coming days to see how Jones fills his staff. I'm also looking forward to the coming weeks to see how he does in filling this class. I think we got a cocky, ass kicking mo fo in charge and I'm going to get behind him and the team 100%. I hope everyone else can soon move on and support the coach we have instead of don't have. GO VOLS!

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

**** you.

15. robvols

robvols Member

Don't forget Cheek, A-Smith

16. robvols

robvols Member

Agreed with BPV, that is the kind of bullshit I would see on Facebook.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Is there another 3 million dollar coach in college athletics who has done as little as Butch Jones? Is there another 8 figure buyout clause anywhere?

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm getting a tub of ice cream, turning on Decade of Dominance, and going to sit there and cry like a baby.

19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I woke up pissed today... Raging pissed. Got into an argument with a buddy last night telling me that I needed to give CBMFJ a chance... Told him that he had to earn it and that UT has to get serious about fixing itself.

In my "state" yesterday, I believe I said I was going to be an Aggies bandwagon fan, but in retrospect there is no way for me to become as passionate about them and emotionally invested in their games, they aren't my alma mater and I didn't grow up watching them. I'll wish them well and if I need a fix, will watch.

With our Vols... No more merchandise. My mother usually gets my wife and I something UT related for Christmas, I called her yesterday and asked her to please not do so this year. I've already put all my UT gear, except for my favorite hat, in storage (I did burn my old flag last night). Our games, not going to them live, won't watch them live, they'll be DVR'd and I'll get to them, when I get to them. I won't avoid trying to hear or see the score before watching.

I'm struggling with how to raise my boys on UT football if it isn't in the house. I live in GA, so there is a real possibility they end up UGA fans, I hope not and will try my best, but the possibility is there. I love the fall, so the upside is I'll have every weekend to go camping, fishing, hiking with them.

I've always been a Falcons fan, so I have that this year. I still like to watch Peyton play and wish him well in Denver. I guess I need to get into hoops.

How do I return? Just win baby... Win it all in year 2 and I'll be back.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  20. robvols

robvols Member

Waking up to that news really defined my entire day.