The controversy here in Denver concerning Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Aug 23, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

One of few guys who would actually be a worse broadcaster than Jesse Palmer. Is there some sort of rule about UF quarterbacks having weird voices? Even Spurrier's is pretty whiney.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think Denver fans have buyer's remorse with the whole Josh McDaniels thing, brought in possibly the most stubborn head coach in the history of the NFL to run their team, and look to Washington DC and see what their former coach is slowly but surely doing with the Redskins. It eats them alive. (Not to mention Jay Cutler is succeeding in Chicago, which is a total double burn).

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Brandon Marshall trade doesn't look too bad though

4. volinbham

volinbham Member

Move Tebow to H-back and be done with it; or dump him. As long as he's on the team as a QB people will always be screaming for him to play.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The fan base has a serious fracture in it already this young season. Some think the Tebow-huggers are not "real Broncos fans" because they are basically second-guessing the coaches from the start. They also compare them to spoiled children who don't understand why they can't stay up until 11.

If Denver ends the first 5 games with a losing record, this will be a national story line in regards to fan turmoil. There are people shrieking for Tebow already like he's Tom Brady and Peyton Manning's butt baby love child.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if he's really as bad as they say he is they might as well trade him.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8 Broncos fans who pooled together over $10,000 so far for the purpose of going to the Super Bowl are instead going to spend it on billboards calling for the benching and trade of Orton. They claim it is not so much about putting Tebow in, as getting Orton out.

We haven't even played game 2, people. Christ on a crutch.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

lots of dumb going on in denver. serious question. if tebow wasn't a jesus freak does he get this type of following?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here, yes. It's more of a "he is a proven winner" mantra. In greater Colorado? Definitely the Jesus Freak factor.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not sure. i see an awful lot of posts on vnation about how great of a guy he is. how they woudl like their son to be like him. etc. no way they feel this way if he wasn't puking fundamentalism at every chance. i don't remember any groundswell about how nice a guy danny wuerffel was.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good point. Well, that's depressing.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hell no.

13. WM

WM Active Member

So it has begun.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

My wife -- a Colorado native -- has all of her friends exploding with gushing gushing Tebow devotion. I can't get away from this guy.

15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Imagine the fever pitch if he'd completed 50% of his passes today.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's been crowned the Messiah of Denver football. Case closed. I told everyone in this town that will listen that he will lose as many games as he wins, his running ability is balanced by his passing inaccuracy, and that the real problem with Denver has less to do with quarterback and more to do with defense and supporting cast on offense.

No one wants to hear that "bullshit," to quote my Tebow-loving friend.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He made an appearance

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Soooo.... the conversation on the CBS postgame show was all about how he didn't do things conventionally, he got sacked 7 times, but he just elevates the whole team and makes them win. Is that a joke? He just went sub-50% against possibly the worst team in the league. They have the 29th ranked passing defense. They are winless. Tebow needed a Sparano to make a foolish extra point decision, some shoddy last minute defense, and his defense getting the ball for him in field goal range to beat an 0-6 team in overtime.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He was beyond awful today until Miami decided they would just stop playing defense and fumble the onside kick.

I would hate to be IP this week.

20. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

his reign as a hero won't last long. i would hate to be a fan of that franchise right now. he just isn't very good when he's not doing exactly what he did at florida.