Texsucks May Have Their Hand Forced Soon.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 17, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If Pitt and Syracuse jump to the ACC and OU and OK State head west, it'll force Texsucks to take action. They'll have three options. First, they can join a new league, likely the PAC. Second, they can try to recruit the Houstons of the world and hold a weakened Big 12 togther. Last, they can go independent. I'm sure those discussions are going on right now.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They should just go independent

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or just burn the program to the ground.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

A Texas conference would only weaken them. It'd be a joke.

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Most likely to head west with OU, yes?

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If Davy Crockett knew then what he posthumously knows now, he would have propped up his feet in Tennessee and let someone from Arkansas deal with it.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Only if they scrap or greatly modify the Longhorn Network. The PAC isn't going to let them have their own TV pot.

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

ACC officials confirming to CBS that Texas has "reached out" out to them as well.

9. They will go independent for football and either join the WAC for the Olympic sports only or form their own conference with other u of texas system schools like UT-Arlington, UTEP, and some other non-u of texas schools. I don't see them giving up their network, although I read somewhere that their payout in a revamped Pac conference wouldn't be any or that much less than what they're getting from the LHN plus whatever the Big XII pays.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

apparently texas and the pac-12 are way apart

11. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

[uck fay] texas and cowtv.

12. WM

WM Active Member

[video=youtube;aHeXm7t-aAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHeXm7t-aAY[/video]