Heard Dooley Today

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 19, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Expect Smith to get some snaps.

I don't think we'll see Neal in anything other than in situations where we are working with him outside. He simply can't run between tackles. However, I would not be surprised at all to see him lining up in the slot a lot more.

As for run/throw, I don't think you can go as pass-first in the SEC as you can the NFL, but I also think you can succeed with a 65/35 pass/run ratio. The issue is being able to run it when you need to and at least have the threat there. Right now UT has zero threat on the ground.

I fully expect Buffalo to be an ugly, ugly game trying to run and figure out what we can do in the passing game.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I get that feeling too.

It's going to be like Montana where Tennessee gets up early and then does all kinds of things on offense just to see what you can do.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I can't think of an example of a pass only offense being very successful in the SEC.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't know about pass only, but Arkansas has done fine throwing the ball.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They didn't beat anybody worth a damn until Knile Davis led the SEC in rushing yards.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

True, but they were putting up points. The offense was still pretty successful after the first season, IMO.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Antonio Richardson and Marcus Jackson's time is coming.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no problem with that approach against Buffalo. Tell them the first two series will be nothing but runs. If they don't want to embarrass themselves, figure it out.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sounds like they are getting a little extra time with the 1s. At worst they need to make the guys in front of them work to stay there.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

will be starters shortly

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Richardson is giant that Alabama among others really wanted. Had he not hurt his shoulder over the summer,he would be getting a lot of game reps already. I don't know if he'll start over Thomas or James this year, but he has a ton of potential.

Jackson was an early enrollee that actually started at guard all spring but lost his job once Jujuan James got over mono. Jackson is a mauler type, a big mean bastard.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pretty sure Tiny was the strongest guy on the team when he stepped on campus.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Marcus Jackson was right there with him too.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is Jackson just mentally behind? Bullard hasn't looked good at all.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pass blocking and getting a read on blitzes

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Jackson looked ready to kill in the little bit I've seen him.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He does when he gets his hands on people. It's just that he whiffs completely at times playing out of control. He's a mean son of a [itch bay] and that always helps at the LOS.