Gaming forum state of the union address

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Sep 17, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

I want this to be the go to forum for all of Vol fan's gaming convos.
    So lets brainstorm here and give me a direction in what features you want to see.
    I would love to see some of you do some blog reviews of new games. I want to see stronger presence of threads that bring online play smack talk or dynasty franchises.
    NCAA being a piece of shit has hurt, i still think with some good ideas we can make this forum one of the more popular here.
    Thanks for reading..

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Gears 3 is about to come out.

3. WM

WM Active Member

Who is excited about that game here though? haven't seen much in chatter on it's release.

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I would write blogs, but my writing skills are poor and I have the creativity of an 80 year old man. You might want to recruit smokey to do blogs, that shit is right up his ally

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can write blogs and enjoy doing game reviews, but I tend not to buy brand new games. I can do a "preview" sort of things, because I do usually have a good idea about what is coming up that will be good. Right now I am looking forward to the new Ace Combat (demo available), Battlefield 3, Skyrim, and Mass Effect 3. I also plan on buying "From Dust" which is already out, that is an awesome hidden gem. I am not interested in Call of Duty MW 3, because while the campaign is awesome, the multiplayer is the same every year and quite stale. It also caters to twitchy 12 year olds rather than actual tactical gameplay.

So what do you think, Coach Mullet? Should I pick a game/topic and get in the game?

6. WM

WM Active Member

Game on IP. That sounds like a good plan. Honestly i could do without COD reviews because the market is so over saturated with everyone's opinion on the gameplay as it is. Then again i know alot of people here love the franchise.

Catdog, you dont have to be a good writer to contribute, look at me. Maybe cover the world of modded Xbox's and sticking it to the man. Smokey is already here so he should contribute some reviews or game related blogs.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I was looking forward to the new Ace Combat until I played the demo........not impressed

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you change the controller settings to original?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's not have articles/blogs about modded xbox's. Keep it on the down-low.

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

No

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yeah, I agree. There arent too many people here that do that sort of business anyway. I am always just a PM away from giving advice though to anyone who needs it. Might not be good advice, but advice NTL

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you change the controls from "optimum" to "original, you will actually be able to roll the aircraft and perform more realistic maneuvering.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Ill try that

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can write blogs, and I'm a decent writer. however, i don't have a whole lot of time for video games now that i am back at school

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can you guys not just play last year's edition of NCAA if this version sucks so bad?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most people traded it in or sold it. I still have mine, though.

17. WM

WM Active Member

I still have 11.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

The Gears series is a terrible, joke of a game/series. That's why you don't hear anything about it. It's for trolls like harry and volfreak.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. Bought the first one used, brought it back the next day.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

The campaign was OK on co-op. Multiplayer isn't fun at all.