Gaming forum state of the union address

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Sep 17, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I loved the campaign on Gears. Never really played the multiplayer.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yeah thats why both 1 and 2 both sold over 5 million copies each. For being an exclusive thats a lot. I didnt like 2 at all, but 1 was a lot of fun especially the horde game mode.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I didnt like multiplayer in 2 at all. Waayyyy tooo much bullshit and I sucked something awful. Only played about an hour of multiplayer team deathmatch and its pretty good. Its an alternative from COD BO anyway and I cant play that game anymore lol.

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Mullet, I wont write a blog, mainly because I am horrible at writing (I was a [uck fay]ing business major), but I will grace this board with my game reviews (shut the [uck fay] up train) and a all new game rating system. I like to call it the [uck fay]taculous scale. It will be a scale between 1 to 5. Stay tuned

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Remind me what other shooters were available when Gears 1 came out? Uh-huh. It was an "exclusive," but it was also one of the first games to come out for the system. It has been riding that momentum ever since. If you came in late to having an xbox, you don't give a crap about Gears because the only thing that can draw you in is the nostalgia factor.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I suppose you could make that arguement for 1 but what about 2......or 3? 3 has the biggest release week sales of any other exclusive....ever. And for the record, I didnt own an xbox til 2008 so I would consider myself to have come in late. You dont like the series and thats fine, but pretending that it isnt a major player and a very popular series is a bit off.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I will never live down Killzone 2

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretending like the mainstream gaming market isn't driven by zombie consumers who buy based on a brand rather than the quality of product is also a bit off. See: Halo and the NCAA series.

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

What is your point? If you dont personally like a game or series, then everyone else must be zombie consumers? I hate Halo as well, but there are a great amount of people who dont play anything other than that series, and they play it because they love it, not because of its brand. I will agree that to get that initial buy, a brand goes a long way, but outside of the AA and NFL situations, people will not continue to play something that is awful to them. JMO

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Disagree, they "love" Halo because it is Halo. You can find similar, if not identical, game play in many shooters. The Unreal series comes to mind.

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Its actually very hard to judge games(for the most part) and rate them imo, because everyone will feel differently about the game. No matter what you think about a game, the next person will feel differently about it and think you are full of shit because they dont like the game that you are in love with. Suppose thats why there is a great market of different games, genres, and game styles, because everyone wont like the same thing and what a game gives them. i mean look at COD BOs, the highest selling 360 game of all time.....I [uck fay]ing hate it, and most people that I know hate it as well.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you start breaking down what you like and don't like about games, you start to see an overall pattern and get a feel for what segments of the public like and don't like.

Let me show you what I mean:

You're an employed, married, fully adult male. You are not looking for quick-hitting, bang-bang action games that can be beaten in a single evening. You are looking for competitive, balanced games that can be played socially.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think moreso than we we realize, we are influenced by advertising.

14. WM

WM Active Member

So true, omg! those dancing hamsters are so cute. I want a fruity looking golf cart now.
    [video=youtube;4zJWA3Vo6TU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zJWA3Vo6TU[/video]

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't think kids are getting the idea that a golfcart car is "cool" subconsciously planted in their heads?

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Ummm I have been seriously thinking about buying one of those golfcarts. Preferrably the one that is all electric

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I came in late to the 360 party. I loved Gears 1. I don't get into online play very much. I waste enough time as it is on pointless stuff.

18. WM

WM Active Member

Not trying to sound like Early Cuyler here but im not digging the size and shape of most vehicles today.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have my eye on a dancing robot.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Vehicles were stupid big, they're only just now getting down to a reasonable size. Say what you want, but look around on the highway. One person sitting in an empty car 95 % of the time.