No Fly Zone

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by O+W=H., Sep 21, 2011.

1. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Hello Maximites, just logged in from the home Nation. Look forward to seeing how this goes.

Some opinion to introduce myself....

The 'no fly zone' continues in Knoxville. The Volunteers won't take off this season. This seems to have created a fair amount of shock amongst interweb sports guru wannabes. It shouldn't..

The Bray/Hunter/Rogers trio made a lot of folks think we were ready for takeoff, but a shiny coat of paint and some new stickers on the plane do not get you off the taxiway.

The guts of this ship still need another year's work.

I think everyone knew this deep down, but hope springs eternal on The Hill. That's just the way it is.

Having now sounded like I'm completely down about this team, let me say I feel the exact opposite. I like every step [ddiapos] has made in the path to rebirth. But as he said himself after Florida....'We're not ready yet'.

Looking forward to the next 3/4 of the season!

And good luck to the 8th~

tidwell likes this.
  2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Keep em coming. Agreed. Can't have lines where ours are and expect tough road wins in any conference, much less the SEC.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Glad to have OWH in the fold. Don't be a stranger.

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Welcome OWH

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good to have you o+w=h and I agree. With two wrs like that we all got our hopes up

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

No reason why we can't find 5 more wins on the schedule and be loaded for bear next season. Good post.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yep

8. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Reminds me of the old days... Saw... '12 members online'... this morning. That kinda VN number is like 6 years ago, maybe more.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sometimes less is more.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Quality over quantity.

The 8th has it.

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

So glad you came over owh. You were definitely on the short list from day one of posters we wanted to see over here

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I would love to see more of your Monday morning recaps here, OWH. Always looked forward to them in the past...

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

My wanted list from VN is pretty much complete now. Welcome OWH!

14. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Thanks all....

15. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

People got out of hand with expectations after a few easy games....what's new?

16. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

It is easy for a 19 year old OL to look like a man, especially if he weighs 300 pounds. It is harder for them to play that way in the SEC. This team will get better with age.

17. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

just like me...

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Yes, but how much better? Good enough to compete with Florida's DL next year? I'm optimistic but not confident.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't like we are depending on our O-line to carry us against Florida. Just be able to at least snap the ball properly.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That and positive rushing yards would be nice.