PC to TV Wireless Connection

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CitrusCo.Vol, Sep 20, 2011.

1. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Does anyone have one? Which brand? Does it work well?

2. volinbham

volinbham Member

You mean something line Roku? Have heard pretty good things about that. If you have an iPad, AppleTV works pretty well - there may be software work arounds like Airfoil that let you stream non-iTunes stuff through the AppleTV. Apparently you can do this from an iPad but not a PC?

3. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

You should look into this. Better than wireless because it works like a hard wire. I've been using one for years. Works great if you have a Xbox or PS3.

D-Link PowerLine HD Network Starter Kit

4. volinbham

volinbham Member

After seeing Tex's post I guess I'm not sure what you are asking about - do you just want to get Internet signals to your TV (wireless or wired) or do you need a device that will deliver content to the TV? Some TVs have the content access built in (e.g. Netflix, Facebook, etc.) and just need Internet access. Some have nothing and you basically just want to use the TV as a monitor for what's on your PC. My answer was about the latter done wirelessly.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

OP, maybe clarify what you are wanting. Like VinB said, there are a number of ways to get content to your TV, depends on what you want.

6. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I would like to stream from laptop to tv wireless.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

To be completly honest with you, to get HD 1080 streamed wirelessly, your best bet is to get a PS3. It will run about 20 bucks more than buying a wireless HDTV kit and you will get a blueray and gaming system as well. Even if you never use the gaming system, it is worth the additional 20 bucks for the BR.

9. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Thanks.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

agree with bearcat. also my laptop has an hdmi output. not exactly as good as my ps3 quality wise, but close.

11. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

One more question please.
    I looked at the Warpia wireless pc to tv adapter set. It requires a 1.8ghz cpu. My cpu is 1.6ghz. Will it still work.
    Thanks.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

It should, but you wont get the full quality that it advertises. To be on the safe side, I would at least contact their customer service department for that product and ask them the question.