Play more violent

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Kabong!!!!!

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I actually liked watching Ingram a lot. He seems so consistent.

Richardson doesn't strike me the same way. He seems like a freak athlete who can light up some teams but doesn't seem like he has the consistency of Ingram. Just my opinion.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry and Travis Stephens on the same team still boggles the mind.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And Shawn Bryson. How is that possible?

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I haven't seen his hs clips, but I haven't seen anything from him that impresses me.

6. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Travis Henry ran like he owed Child Support

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Not as much as John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth lining up side by side.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And not winning a mother[uck fay]ing thing...

9. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

I feel like you slapped me with the truth.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And that was the essence of Fulmer's legacy post 1998. We had the jimmy's and joe's to go on a nice little 3-4 year run at the top with perhaps 1 more NC or at least playing for a couple. Those opportunities only come around a program once or so in a lifetime unless you're the modern Florida or Alabama or Ohio State. Fulmer just wasn't big enough for that task. He caught lightning in a bottle in the run up to 1998 and once the reality set in that we were a top program with the Florida States, Alabamas, Miamis, Ohio States, Nebraskas, etc., Fulmer just wasn't prepared and didn't have the make-up to handle it. Plus the margins of great vs. good at the level are slim and he wasn't willing or able to surround himself with a top staff to keep us at the top, cough, cough Randy Sanders, cough, cough. Just too many holes on his staff.

11. vol445

vol445 Member

Where did his vision go? he ran decently against oregon last year

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Don't forget Travis Henry in that top line. Dude was just a ball of muscle.

13. kidbourbon

I think Ingram is better as well. Richardson almost certainly has some better physical attributes, but Ingram had an innate RB sense about him. He had the ability to make cuts, but there were no wasted cuts. Just enough to get him past the defender and further downhill.

14. kidbourbon

Henry is my favorite of all of them.

15. kidbourbon

Extremely well put.