FSU vs. Clemson

Discussion in 'Sports' started by YankeeVol, Sep 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I want Clemson to win. Beautiful campus

2. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

CU up 14-3 in the 1st QTR

3. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Hell of a throw by Trickett

4. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Not the smartest throw nor was it really that good, but it worked

5. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Taj Boyd is looking pretty good

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Clemson is Auburn with a lake. A bunch of halfwitted farmjacks who delude themselves into thinking anyone outside their cowshit stained town gives a damn about them.

7. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Clemson is a good academic shool. Better than UT

8. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

If FSU can't stop them here it's over

9. hatvol96

You say that as if it changes the fact it's a school in the middle of no [dadgum] where whose students are a bunch of cow fornicating hayseeds and the best bar is an abandonded gas station. It doesn't. Also, the fact Clemson is a national leader in breeding humans with cattle doesn't make them Harvard. It makes them Auburn East.

10. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

When's the last time you were in Clemson?

11. hatvol96

2009. Oh, let me guess. You're going to tell me how much it has changed and how it now rivals the Ivys for natural beauty on campus and NYU for things to do in a small radius around campus.

12. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

No. I just like the small town thing. Sorry all of us don't love cities.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate Clemson's fans, traditions, sports teams and school colors. The campus is okay.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I've realized recently that I am completely incapable of understanding this line of reasoning. I mean, I'm fine with a small town, if I have a good city within 20 minutes or so. I never disliked growing up in one (or, really, 30 minutes outside of a small town). But, I think I would shoot someone, or worse, myself, if I had to live in that small of a town now.

15. TennTradition

I went to a regional engineering conference there while in college. I had a blast, but the fun pretty much centered around various parties that were being thrown in the hotel rooms at their campus hotel. There was a decent bar as well, but I don't remember enough about it to actually relay what it might have been or been called ... hazy.

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I hate hearing the term "hardball" for asphalt. I had never heard it until I joined the Army and now I just view it as one of the many stupid words the Army came up with instead of using traditional words.

17. TennTradition

You're certainly not alone. I'm just not in that boat. I'm not sure what the mental aspects are that really drive one either way. I enjoy a great view and the outdoors - so if someone wants to go that route, I can understand it in some ways, though I would still want a city nearby. However, there are a ton of small towns in this country that don't have nice scenery and are generally not very appealing aesthetically. I'm lost on the draw.

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

That said, I like living with driving distance of restaurants and grocery stores, but I like to walk outside at night, look up and it be dark enough that I can see the stars.

19. TennTradition

I grew up where it was 40 minutes round trip for gas, milk, etc. I won't do that again - though I didn't really mind it growing up.

20. TennTradition

I find that cool anytime I go back home - but it's more of a novelty. I love it when I'm there, but I can go to them when I want to see them.