Lsu-wvu

Discussion in 'Sports' started by volfanbill, Sep 24, 2011.

1. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

great start by LSU, especially the strip right there as they were bringing the WVU player to the ground.

That said, those all yellow unis by the Mountaineers are hurting my eyes.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LSU's front seven will punish WVU's offense until they tap out around the middle of 3rd quarter.

Alabama and LSU's games aren't even that fun to watch. They abuse everyone they play.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

yep... like was said in the arky-bama thread, Bama and LSU just punish everyone in front of them. Tennessee might give some competition to LSU in the early going, but it won't last too long. Both the O and D-lines will still be licking their wounds by the time the Bama game kicks off. That one is going to be ugly. Very ugly I'm afraid.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think the score will be that bad but the game will never be in doubt.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you think the score looks better than Arkansas did? I vote no.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Bama will come out swinging like they did against Arkansas. They'll run the ball 55 times, score 35 and go home.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Wouldn't have guessed it by watching, but West Virginia actually put up 241 yards in the first half. Mathieu almost single-handedly ripping their hearts out.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Some fight left in this WVU dog.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Momentum=gone

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

hope it's still there after that

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Bruce Irvin was committed to Tennessee, right?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Gahhhhh. We could have had Bruce Irvin if not for SEC math requirements. Had a good shot with Tyrann Matthieu, as well, if we'd pursued him.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hate those Liberty Mutual commercials where the music and theatrics seem to imply that common courtesy is some act of heroism.

14. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

How in the hell do you put up 533 yards, against that defense no less, and still lose by 26?

When you play [dadgum] Les Miles, that's how.

chavisut likes this.
  15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

This has been the answer to every riddle surrounding LSU football for 7 years.

16. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Brice (i think) on 'The Nation' last night had interesting story. Mathieu camped here the summer of '09 and even though he was easily the best player, showing up several stud recruits, didn't get a UT offer. Mathieu really wanted to come to UT and was ready to commit. His initial offer list, though, was not impressive and Kiffin and Ogre never offered. Chief saw him at LSU and loved him. Would hate to have this guy in our fold. geez.

17. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Oh well. At least we got Janzen Jackson.