I'm done with you, Ubuntu

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Jan 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Seriously. You and I... we had a good run. I think I went from Mandrake to you. Think about that. Mandrake... to you. This was before Mandrake changed its name to Mandriva. This is how much history we have. But you changed, man. You changed.

We'll still hang out, though. I'm going to give your sister, Xubuntu a try. So, we have that going.

But... I swear, if you F up my wifi card one more damned time, even in Xfce, I will move to a Slack based distro so fast you'll have to sudo apt-get your own damned grave.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I barely understand what you are talking about, but if you know where this Ubuntu character is going to be later and want his ass kicked, let me know.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I believe "Ubuntu" is a shirtless NYY.

4. fl0at_

I do believe that is pronounced "Uvantu," but brownie points.

TennTrad knows what I'm talking about. Although he probably secretly loves Gnome 3 and Unity. The shame.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Quit raging against the machine and submit to your lord Microsoft.

6. strippersblow

strippersblow New Member

Is that an Apple in your pocket, or are you just a faygo?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it looks like an apple in your pocket, seek medical attention immediately.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Funny story that I'm not going to be able to tell with any sort of background lead-in information -- not without consultation with my buddy's wife -- because I was wasted and I don't remember all the details, but that I can at the very least tell the end result of. Which is: one night at a club in Arlington I put a small pumpkin in my pants and ventured on out to the dance floor. Oh man, I was grinding with as many girls as I could, and I was making sure to maintain pumpkin to ass contact at all times. Now there are a lot of different ways to figure out if a girl is a straight up freak, but here is one you maybe hadn't thought of: if you're dancing with a girl and you've got a pumpkin in your pants, and she really likes grinding up against that pumpkin, girl is a freak.

The pumpkin in my pants resembled the pumpkin in the bottom right hand corner of the below picture:

pumpkins-four-l.jpg

9. fl0at_

It isn't that I'm anti-Microsoft. Windows gives me many a thing that Nix systems could never give. I mean, I would have never wasted half my teenage years without Windows affording me the opportunity to play FPS online.

But, these days, I don't play computer games anymore, and I have older computers, so, *nix based OSs just run faster. Unfortunately, I'm almost at the end of my LTS of Ubuntu 10.04, and cannot stand 11 so won't upgrade the desktop. Which means I need to find a new distro to move forward, because I don't see Gnome reverting away from this touch-screen like GUI, or Ubuntu Desktop moving away from Unity.

Testing new distros, though, is a bit time consuming, especially the ones that I can't throw on a USB stick and live boot.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I rocked some RedHat ...rocked some Ubuntu...dabbled here and there elsewhere in grad school. I wasn't one of the architecture guys for our clusters, so I didn't worry about it too much work-wise. I've played around some at home, but not a ton.

11. fl0at_

So I'm finally upgrading. We're back on Ubuntu. For super serious <3.

12. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

El Oh El. This was my alter. I forgot.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yay...I guess.

14. MWR

MWR Contributor

Yeah, whatever floats your float, fl0at.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

And now you walk freely among us, with over 1,000 posts. Funny how things go.

16. PoochPunt3rdDown

I always said I was misunderstood.....

17. fl0at_

That's partly because you didn't do enough to be understood, though. Truth be told. You kept trying to fit a hexagon into a square hole. Or something like that.

18. PoochPunt3rdDown

You have a valid point. I appreciate your honesty.