Life is Orange and White

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by YankeeVol, Sep 26, 2011.

1. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

To me there is nothing better than a Saturday spent at Neyland Stadium.

I know it sounds cliche. But I drove 12 hours in one day within 5 days of returning from Iraq to watch the UT-Bama game last year. There is nothing I'd rather do than be in Knoxville for a game. It's like nothing else matters for those 3 hours. I live for that.

It's hard to describe.

chavisut likes this.
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

[uck fay]in right GBO

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Before one of my deployments, I drove from Lejeune to Knoxville for the UNLV game in 2004. Had no cash, but was supposed to meet up with my old roommate, but he abandoned me. Had a few beers at Calhouns, then about 2nd quarter, walked up to one of the ticket booths. Told the old man working what was going on, and asked if he'd let me in, and he did. Spent the rest of the game in the student section. Unfortunately at the top, but eh, better than nothing.

Haven't been able to make it back to a game since. Hoping to get up for the Alabama game next year, though.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

We've got to rectify this situation. Is it a timing or distance issue?

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sunday night game. That was a fun weekend.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Distance isn't an issue as of today. Timing has been the biggest problem. Anytime I get free time, the friggen woman wants me to paint something, plant something, fix something or cook something. I'm trying to indoctrinate her, and thus am picking next year's Bama game for the excitement and intensity. Maybe then the fact that the bathroom vanity hasn't been caulked down and bolted in won't seem so damn pressing.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

They are bad for those types of things. I've learned that the Vols are my non-negotiable thing, i.e. nothing gets in the way of Vol hoops or football. The other six days I'll change diapers, mow yards, pull weeds, etc. But I never treat the Big Orange as a negotiation. See how that works for you. If she gives you the walking papers, at least you'll get to go to more games.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My first game as a student. It was a very fun weekend.

9. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

AMEN! But did it make you mad that there were more alabama fans than tn fans there. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what the announcers on tv said and they showed it was mostly alabama. I just threw up in my mouth.

10. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Still the way I feel

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  11. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

I pray someday soon the program will rise to a level worthy of your loyalty.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

My first game was UCLA. It was 120 degrees on the field back when we still had artificial turf. Smokey got heat exhaustion and died. Fun day. Remember I was lobster red the next day. Fun times.

13. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Thank you for your service, gentlemen!

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Thread title should be changed to Life is Many Shades of Gray, Particularly the Darker Shades.