Rutgers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by yont sum iss?, Apr 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I'd imagine they're a little embarrassed thanks to their AD right now. I also wonder how they think they're going to get any kid who has ANY options to agree to go there. With that said, the best part of all of this is listening to the Sportscenter anchors read the word "whoop" from the Lebron James tweet. Those Lilly white Yankees...

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How in the world did Rice avoid some kid busting his ass?

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

NCAA should grant Latrell Sprewell an extra year of eligibility to be fulfilled solely at Rutgers. Then, turn the practices into a daily reality-TV show Big Brother-style. Proceeds are split between the 'AA and Spree so he can feed his family.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

**** Rutgers

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Or at the very least bouncing a basketball off his dome.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

The yelling is fine as long as it's about basketball ... I wouldn't give two shits about hearing a "what the **** is wrong with you, cut this way, THIS F***ING WAY!!" Or some other such random shout ... but this dude is attacking them personally and throwing shit. I can't believe they didn't kick his ass out. Yont Sum is right, no way in hell they get a decent recruit to even drive within 5 miles of this campus from now on.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If he and Pernetti (AD) are employed on next Monday, I'll be shocked and pissed.

Passionate is one thing, yelling is one thing, cussing is one thing, but this moron takes about 10 steps past the line.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Even Bob Knight says WTF.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Rice is fired. I imagine Pernetti's out the door, too. Christie didn't even think about backing them in his statement yesterday.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Would love to hear the justification (spin) for firing him now since it did not warrant firing 6 months ago.

11. CardinalVol

I am a bit shocked and perplexed no player ever beat the piss out of him though.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This guy is the Patches O'Houlihan of basketball coaches.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Guessing that's why the AD is in trouble too? I think in the most recent statement, the AD said he was going to have a really tough decision and would have to decide what would be best for Rutgers basketball and what would protect the university (or something to that effect). Which may be fine to focus on behind closed doors, but that's your press quote after it hits ESPN? Might want to mention player safety?

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Based on our recent track record I expect UT to offer this guy a big raise to come be in charge of player development or maybe some sort of chaplain position.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just watched the video. Hearing all the hype, I honestly expected it to be worse.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just saw the video of his apology. Of all the "I'm sorry for getting caught" videos this one seemed the most believable to me. If you know someone who has serious anger issues it can be scary, but not always an indication of who they really are. I know nothing about the guy, but hope he gets his life straightened out.

17. CardinalVol

Maybe/maybe not. It's still unacceptable either way.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Did I say it wasn't?

19. CardinalVol

No. But in no way should he be allowed to coach for the forseeable future.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I hope there's no video of me and Card making 4th graders do up-downs.