WTF Bryce Brown.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Sep 27, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

So hearing he left KSU and is back in UT trying to find some loophole to get back in here because he wants to tap that blonde some more.

Are my sources off base or what the [uck fay] is going on?

2. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

What?! BB's girl is white?

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Same rumor popped up in 2010. Not sure I put stock in it, as he wouldn't have any eligibility would he, if he had to sit out a year?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He didn't really want to leave.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

He is dumb. He is really dumb. For real.

Should have been a man and made a decision, rather than just listening to his daddy.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He is a sophomore

7. fl0at_

Did he not have to sit a year when he left? Or did he sit the 2010 season? Seems like he should be a junior. Played 2009-2010 as a true Freshman, Sophomore year 2010-2011 (sit, didn't sit), Junior 2011-2012.

8. fl0at_

Zach Rogers was in Brown's recruiting class. How hell is he a junior and Brown a sophmore?

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If I am not mistaken, he could use a red-shirt the year he sat out.

10. fl0at_

Wow. Seems like you shouldn't be able to do that if you transfer. Can you gray shirt your transfer year? So, let's say he transfers back to UT, can he "sit out a year" at a JUCO but not participate in any sports or do anything other than attend class, and then still get two years of eligibility? Or hang out on the couch for a year, apply as a regular student, and walk on for two years?

11. JayVols

Not sure on those. I know that you have 5 years to play 4. Red-shirting would be my only explanation.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure that's right. Once the clock starts you can use that redshirt year whenever, but you've got 5 years. The exception being the rare extra medical redshirt year that Jason White and a few others have gotten.

Had the SEC not opted out of the graduate transfer rule, he could graduate early and then come here for his senior year.

13. JayVols

I think that 5 to play 4 would include gray-shirting as well. The medical redshift is the only way to have 6 years to play 4 that I am aware of as well. As you said Kpt, those are very rare and are not easily obtained. Not that he will stay that long, but I think that Hunter could get another year due to the early injury.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think grayshirting counts, but I also don't think grayshirting is an option anymore. That's only for the first year out of high school.

15. JayVols

Ok. Never heard of grayshirting when I was in school.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You aren't part of the team and aren't on scholarship for a grayshirt. So, supposing a bunch of injuries made your presence suddenly valuable, you couldn't all of a sudden be made active like a redshirt guy could. You basically aren't on the team, but have a slot held for you next year.

17. JayVols

Thanks, I thought the clock started when you enrolled in school. Wasn't this used for those with grade issues as well?

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If he walks on can he play immediately or will he have to sit out a year?

Also, since he dropped out of KSU, if he transferred back here and had to sit out, I'm assuming it would count to week 4 of the 2012 season. That being said, if that is true, he couldn't play until week 4 of 2012.

Which one is true? I'm thinking the latter.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

So is he here to play or just hang out with friends while he gets "ready" for the NFL?

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I don't think anyone knows right now. I was stating hypothetical situations.