WTF Bryce Brown.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Sep 27, 2011.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Don't say that on TOOS. They'll lynch you for doubting Poole's amazing skills of falling down on first contact and running into the back of his blockers.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

TOOS may be completely populated by trolls posing as UT fans. At least, I hope that is what is going on in some of those threads.

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He hasn't played much football since getting his bell rung in the Chick Fil A bowl. Not sure he's physically or mentally ready to play at this point. He appears to be a lost cause...sad waste of talent.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

if he can run the ball, i'll take him. our run game is terrible.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

^
    He ain't a lyin'!

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

There is really no downside to him walking on.

At the very least he would be better than Tauren Poole, who is just a pile of steaming dog trash.

7. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Question: how many of y'all know the kid? Even if it is just like you met him once, or even if you know somebody that is an acquaintance with him. If anybody just answer in the affirmative, help me out here: is he dumb or is it more like a demons-in-his-head situation (i.e. he is a little crazy). I tend to think that it is the latter, and I think that really explains a lot about his exit.

Still assuming it is the latter, he at least has to know that the only real life skill that he has is the ability to play football. Right? He has to have NFL ambitions, even if his path to get there hasn't been very well thought out. And he has to know that he isn't getting any better at that skill by not playing. All that being said, walking on to UT is not a terrible option for him...assuming that he has indeed burned some bridges at K-state already. I'm certain Dooley wouldn't give him a scholly. but I'm quite confident that Dooley would let him walk on. It would be a great PR thing for Dooley, to show "young men here at this program aren't handed anything, and we have to earn the things we want in life....but I do believ in second chances...and rah rah rah". He'd definitely let him walk on.

So as unlikely as it is, it isn't the most outlandish scenario I've ever heard.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he walked on, K-State would still have to give him a release so he could play right away, right? And if they didn't, he'd have to sit a year that he doesn't have.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Release or not, you have to sit a year. When a school gives you a release, it means you can be put on scholarship the year you sit, not play right away.

The NCAA determines if you can play right away.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

VFL or not VFL?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

VFK

(Kiffin)

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Can't see him returning to play ball for UT.

Has that ever happened before, at least in the last 20 years or so? Guy goes to one school, transfers to another and sits a year, then transfers back to his original school and sits for another year? Just seems too absurd.

13. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

He's not the caliber of person we want in our program. That being said, the way Dooley handled the situation was disgusting.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Who are you again?

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I've read 2 posts from this person and I can confidently answer: a rabble-rousing troll.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Indeed.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's only a redshirt sophomore, right? He could sit out until halfway through his JR year.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know if he has the money to move cross-country to pay to go to a school where he has no free home or food. Can't see him walking on.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

according to twitter bryce brown is done with college and preparing for the NFL draft. this is hilarious. does he get drafted?

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Hard to imagine anyone using a draft pick on him.