NFL Redzone

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Sep 22, 2011.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Has there been a better innovation in television? Ever? Sundays on the couch from 1-7 are heavenly.

FYI. Direct gave me Redzone for free a couple weeks ago when I called and asked what I'd need to do to cancel. Wasn't a jerk, just said i'm interested in Dish or cable because of the channel. They gave it to me for free and knocked $20 off my bill. Well worth the call.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I love Redzone. It's great for me since the team I care about is usually way outside my market, but I still get to see the big plays. I stream it online, though.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

One of the greatests inventions of our generation

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Loved the free preview in week one. Need to get. Ended up just watching it instead of actual games.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

we get included in Charter's service. 'bout the only worthwhile thing they've done.

6. hallowed_hill

And combined with the other greatest invention of our generation--DVR--Redzone is simply amazing. Doesn't take a ton of fast-forwarding since its so fast-paced already, but I can go do anything I want on Sunday afternoons and know i'm not going to miss anything.

7. hallowed_hill

Agree with this. I like jumping back and forth. End of the early games yesterday were incredible.

8. hallowed_hill

Pretty good round of early games today. I'll probably hang here for the afternoon. Feel free to join me.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Watching the Houston/Pittsburgh game. Andre Johnson just went down untouched, clutching his knee. I can't believe this. It has been a horrible year. Do you have to start asking questions about the lockout and its effect?

10. hallowed_hill

Wow. If anyone feels their pain, we do. That would be devastating for them.

11. hallowed_hill

NFL kickers are just incredible. Dawson's bombs against the Titans just looked so easy. Anything over 25 looks like a mile away for us. Maybe it was wind, but Dawson's first was a draw and second was a fade.

12. hallowed_hill

Ryan Succup--you are earning your spot on my fantasy roster today. Finally. If you're wondering why Ryan Succup is on my fantasy team, then that makes two of us.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

They're saying that Johnson's return is questionable and mentioned something about his hamstring. If that isn't an extensive knee injury considering how he went down and where he grabbed, then it will be the biggest gift the Texans have received since Arian Foster found his way off the practice squad.

14. hallowed_hill

Boom succup.

15. hallowed_hill

Tony Romo meltdown.

16. hallowed_hill

Calvin Johnson is un-f'ing-believable. Wanted him bad in my fantasy drafts. Didn't get him. Should have paid more. What a stud.

17. hallowed_hill

Packers owning Denver right now. Suck it, John Wilkerson.

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I am not interested in this Jets-Ravens matchup tonight at all. The Ravens are aging fast and I think Rex Ryan is more overrated than Jim Caldwell. The Ravens will crap the bed again in the postseason, whether it's against the Steelers or someone new. The Jets have no answer against the likes of the Pats or Chargers. With their respective schedules, Buffalo could easily steal the wild card from the J-E-T-S, jets jets jets.

19. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Love redzone. Buddy of mine ravs about the sunday ticket and how he can flip to whatever game he wants. Redzone does the thinking for me, I do nothing. Plus its only $40 for the entire season. Sunday ticket is $100+ isn't it?

20. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

51 points and just one offensive touchdown in this game. That's hard to do.